At BCG Platinion, we’re bringing design to the front line of business challenges, creating work that solves problems in novel, feasible, and desirable ways. Our team applies a discovery-driven approach in order to create innovative and exciting end-to-end experiences at the intersection of people and technology. As an IT application architect, you will collaborate on interdisciplinary teams of designers, engineers, researchers, technical experts, and consultants to develop leading IT concepts and architectural solutions. In this role, you will apply your sound technical know-how, understanding of business contexts, and analytical skills to enable organizations to technically transform.
Lead IT Architects at BCG Platinion are:
- Technical experts. They are critical thinkers and have extensive IT expertise that drives novel solutions routed in complexity.
- Comfortable with ambiguity. They know the path forward isn’t always well-defined. They are comfortable and confident working through the unknown.
- Change agents. They know how to make change happen across an organization. They can align and onboard teams to implement new processes and toolsets. They embrace complex challenges and guide an organization to optimize IT best practices.
- Agile advocates. They are well-versed in agile methodologies and use their expertise to strategically tackle difficult challenges and implement change.
- Collaborative. They are interdisciplinary team players who seek alignment and establish relationships ranging from cross-functional stakeholder groups to existing teams.
- Innovative. They are creative thinkers who apply their deep IT architecture expertise to envision novel design patterns for the next generation of technology solutions.
- Knowledgeable. They have a sophisticated understanding of IT Architecture, acting as a viable resource on teams as both a hands-on practitioner and subject matter expert.
You’re good at:
- Solution and application architecture and evaluation of alternative approaches
- Restructuring IT processes and organization
- Supporting IT functions during mergers and acquisitions, including the functional and technical transformation of an organization’s IT department
- Evaluating an organization’s IT and software architecture
- Assessing and implementing IT architectures
- Evaluating products, such as core systems
- Developing technical concepts development and designing of software solutions
- Assessing quality assurance for IT implementation
- Designing and implementing feasibility studies
- Designing work packages/modules in IT implementation projects
- Reviewing technical architecture and code
- Executing technical proofs of concept
- Analyzing complex IT application landscapes and status quo for IT architecture optimization
- Developing functional and technical online and Internet strategies
- Optimizing the application development processes
- Contribute to BCG Platinion’s consulting business by:
- Assisting with business development through writing proposals, scoping projects
- Contributing to our thought leadership through written publications and speaking at events and conferences
What You'll Bring (Experience & Qualifications)
- Bachelors in information technology, business administration, computer science, business management, or system controls & engineering or a related field (Masters is a plus)
- 8 to 10 years of professional experience in software engineering with more than 4 years in architecture discipline
- Superior technical knowledge, engineering rigor, and creative problem-solving
- Ability to explain complex technology topics to executives
- Extensive technical expertise and knowledge of:
- Various technology stacks
- Mainframe architecture (nice to have, but not must)
- Cloud native applications and cloud services architecture
- Integration methodologies and tools
- API and Microservices architecture
- Structured and unstructured databases and usage patterns
- Data analytics architecture (e.g. Data Lake)
- Programming paradigms and approaches (e.g. object-oriented)
- Process automation approaches and tooling (e.g. DevOps, AIOps)