To report to one of America's Controlling Platform Team Leaders based in Controlling Platform in Princeton, NJ, USA, the Platform Site Controller will provide financial support and advice to the site management team, contributing to performance improvement, projects management and decision-making, assets protection, to act as the liaison with the Global Business Unit Finance team and Solvay's Business Services, and to guarantee the compliance and the application of standards and procedures defined by Corporate Finance.
The scope of the function includes the sites of Winder and Spartanburg.
- Analysis and contribution to action plans, leading performance improvement.
- Cost control and contribution to value creation and excellence initiatives.
- Capex tracking and contribute to a decision.
- Product Costing design and update.
- Acting for compliance and data management enhancement.
- Supporting assets protection and optimization (both tangible and intangible).
- Follow up closely internal developments in the own perimeter (strategy, business model financial structures, KPIs, etc) and relevant political, economic, and market evolutions.
- Maintain updated knowledge of the concepts, content, and tools of the financial databases.
- Provide the GBU Controller with information from its perimeter relevant for the preparation of the budget, the rolling forecast, and the ABC ranking (mainly fixed cost, possibly variable cost, capex, inventories, and other performance KPIs).
- Compile, analyze, validate and report business information, including proposals and advice, take part in decisions.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor or Master in Business, Accounting, Economics, Mathematics, or Engineering.
- 7 to 10+ years of experience in an industry context.
- Previous controlling experience (preferably site manufacturing).
- Working knowledge of Accounting.
- Good communicator work with financial and non-financial collaborators.
- Work with complex business/Good analytical skills.
- Ability to synthesize complex issues into actionable activities.
- Capacity to anticipate future trends and developments.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Business Warehouse, Anaplan is a plus.
- Fluent in English.
- Knowledge of SAP.