Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 237 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
A typical day for the Platform Partner Manager will include:
Working collaboratively as part of a team in a high problem-solving environment, driving programs across PayPal and external partners ensuring success across both organizations. Leadership responsibilities includes owning the partner relationship throughout the life cycle from new integrations through business as usual. The ideal candidate is an execution leader who can build relationships and get stuff done.
What does Success Look Like?
- Ownership of the overall Partner relationship
- Vendor Management: Global Vendor Management (Hiperos), Global Sourcing (Commercials), Legal (Contracting), InfoSec and Privacy
- Program Management: Ensure teams are aligned to program-level goals, objectives, timelines and resources are engaged
- Engagement: Leadership reviews, regular touchpoints, influence partner product roadmaps, internal readouts
- Consulting: Request for information (RFI), Request for a quote (RFQ), Request for proposal (RFP), Vendor Evaluations, Provide information on Market leaders and Individual vendor offerings
- Lead engagement commanding ecosystem productivity
- Own decision making to solve complex business problems and drive communication across organizations
- Construct sustainable process overcoming resource constraints
- Care for PayPal’s customers and employees, who depend on effortless integrations
- Success looks like closely managed stakeholders, smooth operations, and agility to scale or course correct
- Leadership presence as the accountable person for the partner relationship, across Enterprise Services Platforms
- Communicate programs path forward without ambiguity or distraction; ability to articulate complex technical topics for non-technical audiences
- Structured sense for defining targets, meeting phased timelines, and recruiting stakeholders
- Ability to quickly understand and navigate both internal and partner organizational structures
- Personal intellectual horsepower; ability to multiply trust; critical thinking under pressure
- Must be flexible to travel up to 25%, primarily to the US
You Might Also Have:
- A Bachelor of Arts or Science Degree is required, or equivalent experience. Pre-MBA with corporate or consulting leadership in technical space, across functional disciplines, with external vendors, and managing senior stakeholders preferred
- 10+ years delivering results in corporate environments with anonymity and rapid change
- 4+ years’ experience as project or engagement lead on vendor integrations; integration consulting a plus
- Demonstrate ability to execute multiple, complex projects
- Communication style motivated by brevity and purposeful outcomes
- Customer Service/Call Center technology experiencepreferred
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.