Job ID: 20904
The Mission Systems Operations Contract (MSOC) at the Johnson Space Center is seeking a Platform HW Engineer that is dedicated to increasing their experience and knowledge in computer hardware equipment, including servers, workstations, monitors, printers, disk storage systems (blade centers and networks is a plus). The applicant will work in a team environment and will be responsible for design, implementation and testing. Applicant must possess good interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written. Our ideal Platform Hardware Engineer candidate will have a strong drive to apply and continually update his/her skill base, is team oriented and with good problem-solving skills.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or related engineering discipline
- 2 years of experience in working with computer hardware equipment is a plus
Responsibilities may include:
- Management of IT equipment databases and associated tools.
- Generation of technical instructions for implementation
- Perform hardware assessments of changes that have an impact on overall IT systems.
- Making improvements and suggestions to advance the overall Hardware Engineering processes in place
- Offering remediation and mitigation solutions based on vulnerability discoveries
- Managing internal policies and procedures
- Management of IT Security Plans which may include Mission Critical and non-Critical environments
- Incident and Risk Management
- Support system projects and new initiatives
- A foundational understanding of computer hardware equipment (servers, workstations, monitors, printers, disk storage systems, datacenters) is desirable. Network equipment is a plus.
- An understanding of the array of security vulnerabilities.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills
Successful candidates must be able to apply for and successfully receive and maintain security clearance per eligibility requirements.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Policy of the SGT is to provide a fair and equal employment opportunity for all employees and job applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. SGT hires and promotes individuals solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. SGT believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables them to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. We expect and require the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere.