To get the best candidateexperience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Job Category Products and Technology
Are you the type of person that seeks out roadblocks or tough organizational issues and views those as an opportunity? Do you think of creative solutions to complex problems ? Are you interested in driving product excellence in an enterprise-scale environment that provides a secure, reliable, and enhanced cloud Infrastructure for salesforce employees? If so this product manager role is for you.
The Cloud (Private and Public) Systems Engineering teams focus on implementing and supporting systems to help our internal users meet their day-to-day operational needs. We are responsible for infrastructure for internal applications teams to meet the fast-growing demands of our 50,000+ Salesforce employees around the world. As the Product Manager, you will design and lead ongoing delivery for a multi-yearproduct roadmap, balancing short and long term goals and investments. You will be responsible for discerning the most critical user needs, crafting a succinct strategy, and building a roadmap for the management of cloud services & tools. You will partner with Business, Architecture & Engineering to drive cross-functional teams for roadmap prioritization and gain wider alignment.
- Responsible for long and short-term Cloud product vision based on user needs and Platform Engineering strategic vision, business case, and delivery analysis.
- Act as the central point for aggregation and coordination of strategy and priorities for architects, engineering leaders, and product managers relating to the Cloud transformation.
- Effectively negotiates work scope with business partners and scrum teams to align on objectives around time to production, effort and scope, and provides realistic options and recommendations based on capacity and budget.
- Work closely with the architects and engineering team on solution design and execution according to business needs.
- Establish and foster relationships with key business stakeholders to gather priorities, communicate roadmap vision, and progress on key initiatives.
- Owns the delivery of a product roadmap incorporating projects, features and other key initiatives.
- Work as or supporting Product Owner on the scrum team(s) to organize and prioritize work backlog and convey business value to the scrum team.
- Translate product strategy into detailed requirements, write user stories with story-level acceptance criteria.
- Manage to the definition of done from feature acceptance criteria and meeting of business value requirements.
Other Key Responsibilities:
- Partners with Scrum Master(s) to review delivery capacity needs based on roadmap, and works with management to address them.
- Manages dependencies, anticipates blockers, conflicts and obstacles, and marshalls appropriate resources to align and solve.
- Guides business partners through the work intake process, highlighting milestones and artifacts, and understands the value behind them.
- Participates in cross-functional initiatives as a delivery component, representing his/her team's work with a small number of dependencies.
- Manages and communicates tradeoff decisions between scope and schedule to a broad set of stakeholders on technical and business teams.
- Review technical solutions for compliance to business processes, budget, and objectives.
You respond to problems, prioritize correctly, systematically gather information, sort through issues, seek input from others, develop accurate conclusions from findings, and make timely decisions to prioritize and adapt to change. As a PM you work on cross-functional dependencies that support execution of your product roadmap. You communicate effectively to ask and answer questions and share your knowledge with the larger team.
- Work proactively on customer issues and resolve them in a timely manner.
- Communicate at both the business and technical level (written and verbal).
- Able to represent the Voice of the Customer (the entire company) through feedback, data analysis, and stakeholder engagement.
- Work very comfortably with stakeholders at the department or division level.
- Juggle multiple issues, set expectations and prioritize accordingly.
- Research and respond to customer questions.
- Navigate complex situations involving multiple parties.
- 6 years experience in a Product Management Role
- Preferably have a technical undergrad like Computer Science or something similarly technical: Finance, Business, Economics, Mathematics, Statistics
- Experienced with agile delivery methodology and scrum.
- Experienced with high-profile product and project deliveries in a rapid growth environment.
Preferred familiarity with a number of the following:
- Private Cloud Infrastructure (e.g. Servers, Storage, Virtualization, Databases, etc.)
- Public Cloud Platforms (e.g. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, etc.)
- Experience in an infrastructure organization
- Agile development methodology
- Cloud Infrastructure and General IT concepts
- Familiarity in a cloud app or SaaS product environment
- Experience in completing on-prem to cloud migrations
- MBA in a relevant field.
- Salesforce Core product and features
Accommodations - If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.