At Netskope, we’re changing the way enterprises think about security. Our goal is to be the leading cloud security and analytics platform globally. It’s time for smart cloud/web security. Netskope revolutionizes how security is done: we provide information security as a cloud-based service rather than relying on expensive and limited traditional on-prem solutions. Our patented Cloud XD technology eliminates blind spots by going deeper than any other security provider to quickly target and control activities across thousands of cloud services and millions of websites. With full control from our cloud, our customers benefit from 360-degree data protection that guards data everywhere, and advanced threat protection that stops elusive attacks. At Netskope, we call this smart cloud security.
Netskope is the leader in cloud security. We believe that people and companies should be able to collaborate without limits, working safely across the cloud, web, devices, and locations. Our corporate leadership is clear, open, and honest; leaders share what’s happening in the company, and all employees make a big impact. Recognized as a leader in Gartner’s Magic Quadrant for cloud application security brokers, on Glassdoor and Fortune Magazine as one of the top 100 cloud companies in the world, and as one of the three fastest-growing cybersecurity companies, Netskope is a fast-moving company built to be the strategic enterprise security partner for a long time to come. Netskope is headquartered in Santa Clara, California.
Are you addicted to technology? Have you worked at a technology vendor or service provider? Do you love working with large and complex customers and playing a part in their success? If the answer to these questions is yes, then Netskope’s Platform Engineering Architect role may be a great fit for you.
This role is very technical and touches several parts of the company along with direct customer contact. Platform Engineering Architects draw upon deep experience within large and complex enterprises, possessing the rare combination of understanding both the underlying technologies (down to the bits, bytes, code, and protocols) and are able to easily explain complex concepts to executive-level audiences. In addition to working with customers, Platform Engineering Architects are very flexible, adapting their role to different situations and quarterbacking solutions that coordinate various groups within the company. This includes everything from direct customer contact in resolving complex network issues to designing and developing operational tools. They love to write documentation and share their knowledge.
What You Will Do
- Become a subject matter expert on Netskope’s entire product line, with a focus on deployment models and highly efficient integrations of customers’ networks and traffic with Netskope’s network and platform.
- Mentor and direct others in their technology evaluations, designs, and implementations.
- Assist internal customer success organizations in solving complex customer issues.
- Interface with Product Management to analyze business and customer needs, to help steer roadmaps and the lifecycle of Netskope products and services.
- Own the operational side of customer onboarding, and design processes and architectures for Platform Engineering to proactively mitigate risks and complexities.
- Design, implement, and document solutions for customers based on Netskope’s products and deployment methods, with an emphasis on solid documentation.
- Work with R&D and Platform Engineering to improve Netskope products and network/platform architectures.
- Design, implement, and document software/tools and architectures critical to Netskope’s customer operations, onboarding, and maintenance.
- Organize and manage work required within Platform Engineering to onboard high-traffic customers, and act as a liaison across the organization.
- Stay up-to-date on relevant technical developments and industry standards and best practices.
What You Offer
- Proven hands-on experience with network and securityinfrastructure products and technologies such as web proxies, caches, next-generation firewalls, and understanding of DLP/Data governance.
- Expert troubleshooting skills with experience working in mission-critical large production customer environments, along with expertise in deployments.
- Deep understanding of the web and cloud-based applications (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, etc) and associated network and security protocols, from the browser to back-end internals.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- You’re a team player who shares technical information freely and willingly.
- You know how to build trust and communicate effectively with C-Suite, VP, and Director-level contacts, along with day-to-day users of the software.
- You’re self-motivated, proactive, have innovative ideas and love written communications, so you are eager to document all the great ideas you are certain to dream up.
- Ability to command a room and gain instant credibility with nothing but a whiteboard and marker.
- Top-notch situational awareness - in a meeting, you effortlessly notice who is paying attention, who is not, who “gets it” and who is lost. When questions are asked, you can read between the lines and answer the “real” question - or know when it is best to follow up privately.
- Team members have significant in-depthexperiencein the following areas, early in their careers:
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of DNS, TCP/IP, QoS, TLS/SSL, VPNs, HTTP, along with other layer 4-7 protocols. Understanding of BGP a plus.
- General understanding of directory and authentication services, e.g. LDAP, AD, SAML, etc.
- Experience with high-level languages such as Python and shell scripting as they relate to automation and system administration functions.
- Preferred experience in software engineering, development, and architecture, associated tools like source control and defect/feature tracking, etc.
- Experience with data storage technologies including SQL databases and JSON document stores.
- Experience with log analytics platforms like Splunk or SumoLogic.
Education & Travel
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, or a related technical degree, or 10+ years of extremely relevant work experience (mix of very technical and customer-facing).
- Travel up to 30%