The Platform engineer position requires a strong working knowledge of both software design and resilient and scalable platform operations management skills, along with strong working knowledge and experience with cloud security concepts and best practices, as well as continuous integration and continuous delivery automation techniques with a focus on data pipelines.
The role will be focused on providing common conventions and tooling to enable simple and scalable deployment and post-deployment delivery services across the varied groups of WW engineering and development teams. Remote candidates are welcome to apply.
- 5+ years experience deploying and managing large-scale web services in high availability environments.
- 5+ years building and managing container-based application deployments in an orchestrated environment.
- Advanced knowledge of, and real-world experience with, the Kafka ecosystem.
- Experience with all aspects of creating, managing and securing GCP accounts/projects
- Experience with GKE, BigQuery, BigTable
- Solid, real-world, understanding and experience implementing and supporting container-based orchestration via Kubernetes. CNI, RBAC, Telemetry, etc.
- Proficiency in operating multi-AZ and multi-region environments in cloud environments (AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Solid understanding of Cloud Identity and Access Management technologies and implementations.
- Advanced level knowledge of modern web transport protocols: REST, HTTP/2, gRPC.
- Advanced level knowledge of designing and implementing modern monitoring and observability solutions.
- Solid proficiency with scripted and programmatic automations (we work in Bash, Python, Go, Node).
- Experience with modern service mesh technologies (e.g. Istio, Envoy, Nginx).
- Proficient with a configuration management tool (ansible, chef, etc).
- Proficient with an infrastructure provisioning language (terraform, cloudformation, ARM, etc)
- Well versed with and working knowledge of other associated software deployment tools (git, circle, travis, etc), and the CI/CD pipeline
- Computer science degree or equivalent academic or professional background.
- Remote candidates also being considered.