Costco IT is responsible for the technical future of Costco Wholesale, the second largest retailer in the world with wholesale operations in twelve countries. Despite our size and explosive international expansion, we continue to provide a family, employee centric atmosphere in which our employees thrive and succeed. As proof, Costco consistently ranks in the top five of Forbes “America’s Best Employers”.
This position is responsible for the support and maintenance of the overall eCommerce ecosystem focusing on the infrastructure, web, middleware, and application layers and their interactions. This is a highly collaborative position working with other areas of IT to implement technology solutions, resolve site issues and deploy releases into production. The Application Support Engineer - Ecommerce is responsible for analyzing and resolving issues; and recommending and implementing improvements for.
If you want to be a part of one of the BEST “to work for” companies in the world, simply apply and let your career be reimagined.
- Participates in the ongoing process of investigating, analyzing and providing long term resolutions to site issues.
- Coordinates across teams, working closely with peers to ensure the appropriate focus and sense of urgency is applied to all production issues.
- Works with third party suppliers and vendors for support, upgrades and implementations.
- Works closely with business teams regarding site content.
- Provides operational support for WebSphere Commerce Server, WebSphere Application Server and Sterling Order Management.
- Provides infrastructure support for backend Windows based Order Management System.
- Works with engineers and Solution Analysts to implement and support new capabilities.
- Follows Enterprise standards for security and best practices.
- Seeks opportunities to learn, automate, document, share, educate, and improve processes where appropriate.
- Quickly develops a comprehensive understanding of the applications and infrastructure within the eCommerce environment and how they impact member experience, site performance, stability, and quality.
- Works closely with application and infrastructure teams to stay informed of changes that could affect site functionality and viability.
- 5+ years’ experience provisioning and supporting complex pre-production or production environments, preferably in an eCommerce environment.
- 5+ years’ experience supporting IBM WAS (WebSphere Application Server), IHS (IBM HTTP Server),
- Scripting frameworks and languages such as KornShell, Python, Bash, or Powershell.
- Experience with workflow automation and orchestration.
- Demonstrated ability to perform systems analysis on high availability pre-production environments within an enterprise setting.
- Experience in analyzing system performance data for performance characteristics.
- Collaborates with architecture, database, and application teams regarding all pre-production environments.
- Explains complex solutions to an audience with a wide variety of technical skills and background.
- Guides and mentors others through the design, build, and implementation phases of system deployments.
- Detail-oriented and possess strong problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Extremely responsive, with a strong sense of urgency.
- Innovative, creative, and possess a passion for excellence.
- Ability to work under pressure and in a crisis situation.
- Ability to analyze a situation for potential future problems.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong proven leadership/team building, and personnel development skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with people at all management levels.
- Innovative, creative, and extremely responsive with a strong sense of urgency.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Responsible, conscientious and possess a passion for excellence
- 5+ years’ experience:
- Windows, Unix and/or Linux, preferably AIX or Red Hat.
- Exposure to virtual environment management such concepts and tools such as PowerVM and VMWare.
- Exposure to middleware technologies such as MQ Messaging, Message Broker or equivalent.
- Ability to collaborate with other technical experts and develop solution and functional design documents to support development of final solutions.
- General understanding of:
- Networking and troubleshooting networking issues.
- Network technologies such as BigIP, DHCP and DNS.
- Active Directory (AD).
- Performance and functional testing environments.
- Unix administration or certification.
- IBM WebSphere Application Server certification.
- WebSphere Commerce Server experience is a plus.
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Splunk, Tivoli, and Dynatrace.