At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Platform Engineer Senior with the Enterprise File Transfer Group in Technology Infrastructure Services organization, you will be based in the location of your choice, and offers the opportunity to work remotely for the right candidate.
The successful candidate will have the following experience, and will be expected to meet the following qualifications:
- Deep knowledge of IBM’s Sterling File Gateway (SFG) application along with Sterling Secure Proxy and Sterling External Authentication Server and the B2B Integrator
- Write, modify SFG business processes (BPs) that control file transfers
- Ability understand custom Java exits that already exist in our SFG environment
- Must have a high level understand of Oracle database schemas to ensure that BPs that are developed can write data correctly from SFG to an Oracle database
- Must have an understanding of the SFG database structure
- Work with an Agile development team and participate in sprints and all related Agile ceremonies
- Work with PNC standard DevOps tools to ensure continuous development, deployment and improvement
- File Transfer is critical to our 6000+ external trading partners and 300+ internal trading partners and this role will be focused on customer service and managing risk
- This role will ideally be located in Pittsburgh, PA or Strongsville, OH, but can be located anywhere in the U.S.
- Must have proven experience and proven successes
- Develops software components and/or hardware, and provides expertise on platform engineering, while overseeing the team's effort and meeting customer needs.
- Develops software components and hardware for complex projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Provides expertise on best practices, standards, engineering approaches and complex technical resolutions for processes.
- Places emphasis on quality improvement efforts; ensures that deliverables are secure, scalable and reliable through estimation and correction.
- Communicates with customers and integrates their needs with development, to meet business objectives.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Extensive Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2years) and strategic (3-5years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Industry Knowledge - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement - Extensive Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Consulting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
RequiredEducation and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.