At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Platform Engineer within PNC's Managed File Transfer organization, you can be based in Pittsburgh or Orlando FL.
PA - Pittsburgh
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
- Develops software components and/or hardware while consistently meeting customer needs.
- Develops software components and hardware for projects; aligns these with business strategies and objectives.
- Independently solves common problems and updates applications with new technology.
- Collaborates with engineers, architects, developers and other staff to meet project objectives.
- Analyzes the technological needs of customers and provides ongoing support for clients.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
Job Specific Competencies
Planning: Tactical, Strategic - Working Experience
- Ability to contribute to operational (short term), tactical (1-2 years) and strategic (3-5 years) planning in support of the overall business plan.
Industry Knowledge - Working Experience
- Knowledge of the organization's industry group, trends, directions, major issues, regulatory considerations, and trendsetters; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effectiveness Measurement - Working Experience
- Ability to measure the quality and quantity of work effort for the purpose of improvement.
Consulting - Working Experience
- Knowledge of techniques, roles, and responsibilities in providing technical or business guidance to clients, both internal and external; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Problem Solving - Working Experience
- Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
APPLICATION DELIVERY PROCESS - Working Experience
- Knowledge of major tasks, deliverables, and formal application delivery methodologies; ability to utilize these in order to deliver new or enhanced applications.
IT Standards, Procedures & Policies - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skill sets and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
IT Industry: Trends & Directions - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to analyze marketplace experiences, developments and trends related to the function of Information Technology (IT).
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 3+ years of relevant / direct industry experience. Certifications are often desired. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.