Our client is a leading global financial institution providing brokerage and investment banking services, including asset and equities management.
They are currently looking for a Platform Engineer, to be based within their Chicago or New York offices.
You will be building tools to support a large amount of business users running large compute workloads. They will be running on hybrid cloud solutions at large scales, so you will design to support both scale and diversity of workloads.
· Build tools used for developers’ everyday workflow
· Develop tools related to security, availability, deployment automation, software packaging and test automation
· Provide high-availability solutions to business users running a large number of operations at scale
· Work withinfrastructure teams to provide best-in-class solutions to changing business needs
· BS in Computer Science, Engineering or comparable is required
· Strong Development background (4+ years) with C++ skills
· Strong grasp of at least one additional language (Java, R, JS, Python)
· Excellent grasp of automation tools
· Experience with building and deployment monitoring and CI/CD systems
· Experience with using AWS and OpenStack is a plus
· Experience using Docker