Why consider OPI, and why do people dig working here?
- Variety of consulting; new technologies, projects, and people on a regular basis.
- Stability; we've been around since 1996 and have a diverse mix of clients and technologies to keep us busy, very busy. And we keep a bench. If you're not on a project, you're writing software for our internal business functions or you're learning new technologies. It's in our benefit to make our consultants as marketable as possible. That's good for your career.
- No politics or management; we don't get in the way. Why sit in meetings all day when you can code and be productive?
- Awesome benefits; free healthcare for your entire family (yes, free), 24 days of PTO + 10 days of sick time, quarterly profit sharing bonuses, you get paid OT, company trips (to Mexico), 3 company lake cabins/homes, various quarterly company events, new Macbook Pro's, free beer/soda, chips, candy, and so much more.
- You work with the best. Do an Object Partners search on LinkedIn and see the types of talent we hire. You truly get to work with intelligent, passionate engineers that share the same goal of building great software the right way.
- Low company overhead. It all means more money back into our consultants pockets (profit sharing) or company trips and events to share in the financial success.
- Automation, continuous delivery, monitoring and alerting.
- DevOps tools, practices, and philosophiesCloud services such as AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and Heroku.
- CI tools such as Jenkins, GitLab CI, Drone, and Artifactory.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Puppet, Chef,or SaltStack.
- Build tools such as Gradle, webpack, and Maven.
- Version control systems such as Git andMercurial.
- Container orchestration technologies such as Kubernetes, Docker Swarm, and Rancher.
- Infrastructure automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker Compose.
- Service discovery tools such as Consul, etcd and ZooKeeper.
- Log aggregation tools such as Splunk and ELK stack.
- Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) principles and monitoring tools such as Grafana, Prometheus, InfluxDB, and Nagios.
- Linux scripting languages.
- Linux-based operating systems such as Ubuntu and CentOS.
- Passion for software development. Someone that loves what they do, that aren't just in it for a paycheck. Do you have dev projects going on at home at all times?
- Aptitude for learning. New projects, new teams, new technologies means having to adjust and learn all the time. You might get thrown on a Spring or mobile project as well, so having the ability to jump in and get your feet wet without hesitation is important. If you don't want to grow and learn, we're not a fit.
- Positive, can-do attitude. We can teach the technology, but we can't teach how to approach client challenges with a positive, helpful demeanor. The best consultants aren't the most technical (although that sure helps), it's the consultant that will do whatever it takes to see a client be successful, no matter what they throw at you.