Our company and culture is geared towards producing the best quality games in the world and having fun while we do it. Jam City has a full team of in-house artists, designers, and game developers. Our core technology allows developers to plug into a scalable backend, flexible game frameworks, analytics and cross-platform methodologies. Jam City is growing, profitable and has offices in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, and Argentina.
- Design and implement services used by millions of users through web and mobile applications.
- Contribute to developing our analytical data platforms, services, systems and cloud infrastructure.
- Effectively utilize our NoSQL and relational databases.
- Design, develop, test and implement extensible APIs for web, mobile web and native mobile devices.
- Write both server-side and client code for the aforementioned.
- Identify problems, investigate new approaches and provide software solutions.
- Test, maintain and monitor computer programs and systems.
- Provide internal operational support within functional areas and collaborate across departments throughout the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle).
- 5-7+ years of relevant work experience, including large scale system design experience, with extensive knowledge of UNIX/Linux/CentOS.
- Strong understanding of Database design (Couchbase, Postgres, Teradata, Redis, and/or MySQL).
- Knowledge of Databricks, Kafka, Nifi, Avro, Zookeeper & Spark.
- Experience with the AWS ecosystem, EC2, EBS, S3, ALB, CloudFront, DynamoDB.
- Experience with Git, Github, Ansible, Jenkins, Docker, Gradle.
- Experience with Jetty and/or nginx.
- UI experience with React or Angular.
- Strong background in distributed systems: micro-service architectures, OS/kernel, network system design, and large-scale storage systems.
- Experience designing APIs.
- Reasonable knowledge of TCP/IP and network programming.
- Solid foundation in computer science, with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms, computational complexity theory, and test driven development.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent years of relevant work experience).
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively in a team dynamic.