Provide technical skills that cover a broad range of disciplines and/or a particular technical discipline that is of significance to HCA. Perform any technical project assigned with minimal supervision. Identify, investigate, evaluate and become proficient in new technologies and technical disciplines that are of significance to HCA Healthcare.
Specific responsibilities include installation of software products on various hardware platforms, operating system installation and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems.
Requires in depth knowledge of supported operating systems, utilities, vendor products, applicable programming languages, diagnostic techniques, database management systems, benchmarking methodologies, applicable communications protocols, applicable hardware configurations, use of statistical and analytical tools for system monitoring and evaluation. In depth knowledge of technology, network, data and applications architectures. Ability to communicate with various levels and types of end users is also required.
Maintain frequent interaction with internal and vendor technical staffs and project managers to ensure effective delivery of solutions in accordance with project timelines and associated budgets.
Specific responsibilities include designing infrastructure for installation of software products on various hardware platforms, operating systems and customization where applicable, troubleshoot, coordinate, assist and advise in recovery from component failures of supported systems. Significant experience and/or Certifications are preferred for the following:
• Demonstrate written and verbal communication skills and work collaboratively across technical disciplines. Perform complex tasks within operating system in a large-scale production environment.
• Working knowledge and experience with key ITIL processes, particularly change management is preferred.
• Specific hardware platform knowledge in one or more key areas: HP blade servers, UCS blade servers, IBM Power Systems, Converged Solutions (VCE VxBlock), and Hyper-converged solutions (Nutanix).
• Deploy technically complex infrastructure computing solutions across platforms and components. Support one or more key areas: UNIX, AIX 5.3, AIX (5.3, 6.x,7x), RedHat (6.x, 7.x), Windows 2008-2016, RH OpenShift, Docker, and Kubernetes.
• Support of SAN-attached devices and tools such as, PowerPath, RDM’s, and Recover Point very desirable.
• Working knowledge of virtual technology, such as, VMWare ESX, Virtual Center, Citrix, SRM, VMS firewall, distributed switching and high availability.
• Support OS environment running one or more databases including SQL, Oracle, DB2, Cache, and Postgres desirable. Work with DBAs and understand their requirements are necessary.
• Use of Infrastructure Automation/Configuration tools and DevOps mentality valuable.
• Demonstrate a solid understanding of computer performance metrics and tools, to include understanding of CPU utilization levels, CPU and disk queuing, I/O response times, and other key performance indicators and their impact on performance.
• 1+ years experience with network fundamentals and performance principles, including a firm understanding of TCPIP protocols.
• Working knowledge of EHR systems helpful: MEDITECH, Epic, and Cerner
Bachelordegree is preferred.
3+ years of experience is needed for a successful candidate.
Job Code: 10207-21988