The Platform Engineer functions as an integrator between business needs and technology solutions on the ServiceNow Platform. Help to create technology solutions to meet clients' business needs. Define system requirements, design, prototype, and test technology solutions. Execute all phases of the SDLC, including requirements gathering, designing workflows, configuring features, QA & UAT testing, and training end users.
- Works with the Product team in an agilescrum to understand the challenges that users face in their day-to-day work and partner with them to design viable solutions.
- Recommends viable solutions to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Provides input into story sizing, backlog grooming, and release planning.
- Contributes to solution designs to address critical issues and complex problems.
- Understands technical architecture and designs solutions that are aligned with agreed upon standards.
- Performs trouble-shooting efforts and investigations when necessary.
- Provides ongoing support and guidance to end users.
- Actively collaborates with other platform engineers and software engineers providing input where appropriate
- Actively participates in the engineering community, staying up to date on new software technologies and best practices and shares insights with others in the organization.
Required Experience (minimum):
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of industry related professional experience and education
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal/written communication skills and ability adapt to varied audiences
- Ability to capture requirements, design workflow, and deliver solutions
- Understanding of business processes, workflows, analysis, and critical problem solving.
- Understanding of IT Service Management processes.
- Knowledge of application lifecycle methodologies (e.g. agile, iterative)
What We Look For:
- Experience with configuration and prototyping on ServiceNow in a large enterprise environment
- Working in an Agile Team environment
- Certified ServiceNow System Administrator
- Certified ITIL Foundation