ABOUT THE ROLE:
Software Engineers at Bright Machines are responsible for defining and implementing the systems that make Software Defined Manufacturing possible. You will work on a team with other Software Engineers in the Bright Machines Seattle office to define and implement our software stack – from robot to cloud.
As a Software Engineer, you will create scalable software systems that drive our cloud-based analytics, data pipeline, and machine learning systems, performance monitoring, dashboarding, and command/control systems on the factory floor, as well as on-robot operations. Our robots and software will be deployed in a variety of factory conditions and help support the manufacturing operations for some of the biggest names in the industry.
This is a unique opportunity to be part of a greenfield development effort that will change the way companies build and produce products. If you're ready to apply exceptional engineering practices and build the software that will define the next generation in manufacturing, this is your opportunity to "Be Bright".
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
- Architect, design, develop and deploy software components that help realize Bright Machines vision of Software Defined Manufacturing
- Contribute best-in-class programming skills to develop reliable and scalable micro-services
- Write clean, maintainable code, and perform peer code-reviews
- Create unit, integration, and end-to-end tests to ensure we are continually shipping code to production
- Work with other team members to investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software against aggressive schedules
- Establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Help define and implement standards and promote best practices for distributed software systems
- Analyze and optimize applications to maximize speed and scale
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
- 4+ years job experience (Software Engineer or equivalent) designing and implementing SOA services
- Solid understanding and application of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Understanding of scaling and operational concerns for large software systems
- Ability to work in a variety of compute environments (Windows, Linux, AWS)
- 5+ years industry experience as a Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Experience with manufacturing engineering systems (PLC, Real-Time systems)
- Demonstrated ability to ship code to customers
- Experience communicating with users, technical leaders and management to collect requirements, describe system designs, and set product strategy
- Knowledge and demonstrated application of software engineering best practices relating to the SDLC including coding standards, code reviews, SCM, CI/CD, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and grow other team members
WHO YOU ARE:
- You believe in our mission
- You believe in the power of the team, diversity of thought and unity of action
- You always act with integrity, keep your commitments and practice transparency
- You think boldly, lead with courage and demand the highest standards
- You drive for results and act like an owner!