Plusgrade is an award-winning technology company at the forefront of ancillary revenue and merchandising in the global travel industry. As the market-leading provider in its category of upsell solutions, Plusgrade is generating billions of dollars of new revenue opportunity and powering leading travel suppliers in more than 50 countries. Honored with the prestigious Deloitte Technology Leadership award as a global leader in its sector, Plusgrade is also consistently recognized as one of North America’s fastest growing technology companies in the annual Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ and Fast 500™ awards.
Plusgrade is headquartered in Montreal with offices in New York and Singapore.
Are you a:
- Software developer who loves building automation tools and fixing infrastructure issues?
- A SysAdmin who wants to write more code, script everything, and ultimately build an awesome platform?
- An experienced engineer who is seeking a new challenge?
- You know why we don’t call this position as DevOps Engineer
In any case - do you want to build new infrastructure, explore new tools, and above all... automate everything?
A Platform Engineer can work across all product groups, teaching developers to leverage tools to make their lives easier as well as build out new tool chains and support a variety of technologies.
- Linux is part of who you are, and you enjoy working with a shell;
- You have lots of experience with scripting languages (especially bash and python);
- You are very familiar with CI tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket Pipelines or others;
- You are familiar with container technology like Docker, K8S;
- You are proficient in AWS technologies especially AWS ECS, AWS EC2, AWS RDS, AWS VPC;
- You know your way around some monitoring tools such as CloudWatch, Datadog, Prometheus, Alertmanager, Grafana;
- You are proficient in tools like Terraform, Ansible;
- You have experience with using version and artifact control systems, in particular Git and Artifactory;
- You can communicate well with your peers and you want to share your knowledge and help your colleagues;
- You can work independently or as a team on projects, and see them through to completion;
- You have experience working with distributed systems running on many hosts spread out across many regions;
- You have a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering. We also accept graduate degree, related field, equivalent training or work experience.
Other skills that would be extremely useful:
- You are used to working with RDBMS systems such as PostgreSQL or Mysql, and have an understanding of document stores such as ElasticSearch or DynamoDB
- You have an excellent understanding of networking, especially in a VPC context
- You have some familiarity with security systems - such as HIDS/NIDS systems, WAFs, and best practices with web applications
Extra bonus points for experience in the Airline industry and familiarity with travel technology.