The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. Are you up for the challenge?
DevOps is a strategy and mindset. As a DevOps engineer on Apple’s Hardware Methodologies, Tool, & Solutions (HMTS) Platform team, you bridge the gap in traditional Information Technology (IT) infrastructure development and operations. Our objective is to provide the world’s best design environment for Hardware Engineering.
In this role, the individual will be responsible for the design, development, testing, and deployment of infrastructure products that help us plan, code, build, test, deploy, operate, and monitor our Infrastructure-as-Code solutions for virtual desktops, (HPC) High Performance Compute, storage, and server infrastructure.
Come join us!
- At least 10 years of industrial experience with strong troubleshooting and analytical skills!
- Intel MPI and knowledge of associated vendor applications (RDMA, RoCE, iWarp) is a strong plus.
- Expertise in Slurm
- Understanding of HPC Architecture along with application management on HPC
- Experience with Software and Hardware resources management is preferred.
- Experience with Configuration Management with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform.
- Effective communication skills with Customer-focused mindset
- Driven to automate repetitive tasks (ex. scripting via Bash, Python, etc)
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with diverse teams and interact, influence, collaborate, and negotiate effectively at all levels of management.
- Focused on continuous improvement, teamwork, innovation, and results.
The DevOps Engineer will deploy, optimize, and maintain critical applications on physical, virtual, or cloud- native architecture. Implement automation, monitoring, and infrastructure-as-code and maintain CI/CD pipelines across multiple environments. Support a multi-functional engineering team. Create and maintain best practices to increase the quality & velocity of deployments. Sustain and improve the process of knowledge sharing and support on-call rotation.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- Experience Maintaining and deploying highly-available, fault-tolerant systems
- Proficiency with Linux OS
- NoSQL (ex. Cassandra, MongoDB, Redis)
- Configuration management (ex. Ansible, Puppet)
- Containerization and clustering (Ex.Kubernetes)
- Cloud hosting solutions (ex. AWS, GCS, Azure)
- Version control systems (ex. Git)
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Deliver (CI/CD) pipelines (ex.Jenkins)
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $160,700 and $282,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
- Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple’s discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple’s Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You’ll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses — including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
- Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.