In this role, you have the opportunity to
Join Philips as an innovative Platform Developer with Radiology Solutions and design and contribute to software that makes a difference in healthcare.
We simplify healthcare by focusing on the people in the care cycle – patients and care providers. Through combining human insights and clinical expertise, we aim to improve patient outcomes while lowering the burden on the healthcare system.
You are responsible for
- Innovating on the Philips Radiology Solutions platform
- Designing and maintaining scalable and parallel systems handling real-time data
- Collaborating with application developers as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Contributing to platform development and production support activities
You are a part of
Philips’ Radiology Solutions delivers multimodality departmental solutions that create value beyond the individual imaging system or modality. We address the rapidly shifting needs of our customers in order to succeed in the new value-based healthcare environments by collaborating and innovating with established healthcare thought leaders. Radiology Solutions provides solutions that are designed to improve workflow, performance measurement, clinical context and overall clinical and operational performance.
To succeed in this role, you should have the following skills and experience
- Experience designing and contributing to ETL processes
- Experience with relational databases
- Data modeling experience
- Functional programming experience (Erlang preferred)
- Experience developing in a Linux environment
- Strong scripting skills
- Experience in the healthcare industry, especially radiology
- Experience building parallel/distributed systems
- Bachelors or Masters degree in computer science, computer engineering, software engineering, or information systems
- Experience with git VCS
- Experience with PostgreSQL
- Experience with MapR, Hadoop, or equivalent technologies
- Experience with AMQP or equivalent technology
In return, we offer you
We offer the opportunity to work in a fast-paced and innovative environment with otherexperienced engineers. You will have the opportunity to iterate and innovate rapidly and contribute software that makes a difference in healthcare.
Why should you join Philips?
Working at Philips is more than a job. It’s a calling to create a healthier society through meaningful work, focused on improving 3 billion lives a year by delivering innovative solutions across the health continuum. Our people experience a variety of unexpected moments when their lives and careers come together in meaningful ways.
To find out more about what it’s like working for Philips at a personal level, visit the Working at Philips page on our career website, where you can read stories from our employee blog. Once there, you can also learn about our recruitment process, or find answers to some of the frequently asked questions.
Philips is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, creed, citizenship, disability, protected veteran or marital status.