By combining tailored platform solutions with powerful strategic guidance, we collaborate with our partners to build and execute on a strategy to facilitate innovation, reduce time to market, and deliver unique competitive advantage.
As Platform Architect here's what we'll be looking for you to bring:
- Basic understanding of the following areas:
- Public cloud service offerings (IaaS, PaaS, DBaaS services as well high level product offerings such, as AWS Sagemaker, Cognito, GuardDuty)
- Infrastructure as Software (Container Orchestration, Observability, CI/CD)
- Modern security practices
- Modern API platform design
- Modern data architectures (e.g. event driven architectures, data democratization, platform approaches to support ML/AI at scale, stream processing, and integrating real time analytics into customer applications)
- Organizational skills and consulting abilities that:
- Develop and evolve technology strategy, aligned to and prioritized by business objectives
- Influence / coach enterprise architecture on modern evolutionary platform architecture principles and practices
- Develop and communicate measurements of platform progress and business impact
- Support organizational changes in regards to capability development, restructuring toward product-centric team models, and transitioning to modern agile SDLC practices
- Communicate technical decisions to non-technical audiences and build consensus around them
- Articulate the value of foundational technology approaches to business executives (e.g. the pros & cons of microservices architectures in a given context)
- Own key relationships both up and downstream of the platform teams to ensure delivery.
- Manage priorities and make decisions in high stakes scenarios
- You understand that leadership is not something you do from far away; you get the importance of taking people with you along the journey and are able to influence and coach those around you to orchestrate team success.
- You understand that not every client can effectively utilize sophisticated technologies or new tools tools and prefer to choose solutions that are appropriate for an organization’s capability, cost-sensitivity, and risk tolerance.
There's no typical day or engagement for our Platform Architects. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Assess the ongoing success of the platform efforts and report the progress to the client services team and the DPS team.
- Guide delivery programs with one or more business applications which will be drivers for the emerging delivery infrastructure and API platforms.
- Strategize with the client and ThoughtWorks subject matter experts on creating and combining elements of a platform, and ensure delivery against it.
- Be responsible for engaging with technical and business stakeholders to understand clients’ needs, prioritize the delivery approach, and guide technical leads in solution delivery.
- Evangelize business benefits and impact of the platform as well as the value of modern delivery and engineering practices.
- Support client architects and portfolio managers in developing technology roadmaps, including effectively evaluating build/rent/buy decisions.
- Perform account management activities, such as delivery assurance and helping shape new engagements.