- Plans, designs, develops and tests software systems or applications for software enhancements and new products.
- Works cross-functionally to address issues and emerging needs in software systems.
- Rigorously tests software in preparation for deployment.
- Works on projects from enhancements, new features and bug fixes tonewandards and Patterns
- Define Platform Architecture for new products by evaluating the business drivers for change and identifying the architectural changes necessary torealize business value.
- Having wide-ranging experience, he/she uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
- Conceives interfaces and/or prototypes by working closely with fellow Platform Architects.
- Identifies, analyzes and resolves platform's design weaknesses.
- Creates & maintains Platform's Current + Transition state Architectures, in compliance with documented Standards & Patterns.
- Partners with Enterprise Architecture to document Platform specific Standards and Patterns.
- Provides multi-tiered & multi-layered technical expertise for next generation initiatives.
- Fluency in most IT business architecture areas including design and governance.
- Collaborates closely with multiple parties (Scrum Masters, Release Train Engineers, Infrastructure Architects, Security Architects, etc.) from across Vantiv.
- Works independently and consults with Vantiv's Senior Leaders on highlevel, complex issues
- Mentors junior team members
Typically requires a minimum of 8 years of related expereince with a Bachelor's degree; or 6 years and a Master's degree or equivalent experience.
- General understanding of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, etc.).
- Deep expertise in two or more architecture domains (Applications, Services, Data, Technology).
- Experience operating in an Agile environment using the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe).
- Background in the Payment Card Industry preferred.
- Expertise in designing high volume, low latency, Enterprise Platforms.
- Expertise in Modernization using concepts such as Full-stack, SOA and Microservices.
- Expertise in Cloud Solutions and Virtualization using platforms such as Azure, AWS, OpenStack.
- The ideal candidate should be able to work with a vendor and various internal stakeholders in Operations, Infrastructure, Engineering, and Run support to be able to implement and integrate a fraud platform.
- Capable of understanding the infrastructure requirements of the solution, how the various components of the platform operate and perform (NGINX / Kafka / Java / Mongo), and the business functions the software supports
- Excellent communication skills with ability to speak and present to large groups of people.