Purpose and Summary of position:
The application processing engineer will lead part processing development in support of customer opportunities and application and product development.
Key activities are: 1) Work closely with new product development, program management and commercial team in identifying part and processing CTQ's that will enable project progress and wins 2) Develop effective experimental processing solutions and evaluation methods to support new product and application development 3) Develop, document and provide training (internal and external) on polymer processing which enables increased project success rate.
- Proficient in polymer processing methods (primarily extrusion and/or injection molding) with scope ranging from part/tool design to optimum machine operation and process control.
- Proficient with processing and structure-property relationships.
- Ability to solve complex engineering plastics processing and part problems.
- Ability to design, conduct experiments, analyze and communicate complex data and to conclude findings from experimental work.
- Exceptional communications and teamwork focus required
- MS or PhD in Plastics Enginering
- Experience with several plastics processes, mainly injection molding and extrusion but also blow molding, part welding, etc
- 6 Sigma GB/BB
Required Years of Experience:
- 5 years required of relevent industry or academic experience
- Engineering degree or comensurate industrial experience.