Great company in the food manufacturing industry with a new plant adding more production lines and continuing to dominate its catagorie in the food industry. Future advancement to Maintenance Manager
This position is responsible for supervising, planning and directing the day-to-day operation of the plant utilities including boilers and steam and power functions, with respect to equipment, facility and environment. The Utilities Supervisor assumes overall responsibility for the operation and maintenance of the ammonia refrigeration, boilers, waste water treatment, air handling, climate control and other support areas as assigned. This position reports directly to the Maintenance Manager and works in tandem with maintenance supervisors. This position
This person will work inside & outside of the plant to effectively manage equipment performance, building upkeep, building climate, environmental discharges and assure environmental compliance. They will maintain a safe work environment and monitor all necessary procedures to ensure compliance to HACCP, USDA, OSHA and EPA guidelines.
This position will provide day to day supervision of two utilities techs and lead team members to meet short- and long-term goals
- Maintain safe and productive work environment to meet facility and process requirements.
- Direct team in electrical, electronic, mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic maintenance and repair of machinery and equipment
- Supervises boiler steam and power, environmental, climate, air and refrigeration systems and directs the team in insuring day-to-day operations for safety, production, cost, quality as required to meet facility goals
- Identify employee development needs and coordinate appropriate training programs to ensure that maintenance personnel attain and retain the skills and technical information necessary to maintain and support equipment for long term optimal performance.
- Comprehensive understanding and ability to lead and direct employees in PSM and RMP systems.
- Comprehensive understanding of refrigeration systems, steam systems, pneumatic systems, and waste water treatment systems.
- Develop and manage procedures for waste water treatment, roof systems, boilers, and other maintenance/facilities projects within the plants CMMS.
- Utilization of the computerized maintenance management system to document, analyze, and manage the equipment preventative maintenance process.
- Proactively address issues concerning refrigeration units or systems and maintain systems in accordance with company HACCP, OSHA, EPA, and USDA guidelines.
- Manage outside contractors on projects.
- Ability to manage environmental programs such as storm water, air, tier II, and Form R
Knowledge, Skill, and Abilities:
Knowledge of refrigeration systems and function components.
Extensive knowledge and understanding of OSHA’s Process Safety Management program and requirements.
Thorough knowledge of refrigeration theory, cycle and operation.
Thorough knowledge of Boilers and Steam Systems
Thorough knowledge of Waste Water Treatment systems
Knowledge of equipment, proper operation, and familiarity with the manufacturer’s Preventative Maintenance requirements for the equipment.
Knowledge of GMP and food safety procedures and guidelines
Working knowledge of electrical systems
Working knowledge of pneumatic systems
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degreeengineering or related field or degree program from four-year College or university preferred; or related experience and/or training; or equivalent co
6years’ experience in Utilities or Maintenance management