GENERAL DESCRIPTION – PURPOSE OF ROLE:
The Plant Technical Manager (PTM) is responsible for providing the technical expertise to deliver results for the plant and the businesses it supports. The PTM is responsible for facility maintenance and engineering teams, processes, and outcomes. This role will provide critical technical leadership for capital projects and ensure active production teams have solutions needed to drive safety, quality, and productivity plans.
- Coordinate with Safety and Operations to ensure regulatory and compliance standards are consistently maintained.
- Provide site leadership/accountability for all external relationships involving technical issues i.e. A/E firms, vendors, building codes, etc.
- Provide technical leadership and asset/equipment expertise to ensure site compliance of EPA and OSHA requirements in concert with designated functional experts.
- Accountable for the strategy, design and implementation of control systems and manufacturing information systems.
- Develop the site plan for engineering staffing basis core and general competencies, plant objectives, and system and technology needs
- Provide site leadership for technical solutions to operational problems including system optimization, debottlenecking, troubleshooting.
- Support a 24/7 production and warehouse operation to ensure performance against plant goals in safety, quality, cost, customer service, and culture.
- Manage a team of maintenance and engineering employees to coordinate inspections, repairs and maintenance for a 24/7 operation in conformance with operational standards.
- Provide leadership and oversight to maintenance and engineering functions; ensures safe and efficient execution of plant maintenance and engineering.
- Ensures maintenance and engineering personnel are properly trained in technical and safety related job responsibilities.
- Develop and implements the technical plan for the site. The plan addresses capacity, system efficiency, new technology, design, standards, asset utilization, etc.
- Creates and manages all Preventative and Predictive Maintenance Programs (CMMS), Asset Management Programs, Planning and Scheduling Process, Lubrication Program, maintenance budgets, spare parts inventory and Root Cause Problem Elimination Program (RCPE).
- Monitor key performance indicators to plan and execute plant specific maintenance and engineering strategies to achieve plant’s key performance goals.
- Utilize Lean Manufacturing and 6-Sigma production management techniques to design and develop process improvements and cost reduction strategies.
- Implement and support safety improvement initiatives
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES AS REQUESTED:
- Other duties as deemed necessary by Management.
- 10+ years of experience in a maintenance management or leadership role preferably in a high volume, automated factory environment. Food production, FDA, AIB or SQF experience is a plus.
- Knowledge on the dangers of screw conveyors and the importance of guarding on this type of equipment.
- Excellent PC skills, to include CMMS, Windows, Word, SAP, and Excel.
- Excellent oral and written skills.
- Understands the importance of safety and quality.
- Experience using manufacturing analysis tools, such as SPC (statistical process control), SCADA systems (FactoryTalk, Ignition, ActiveFactory, etc.) and process capability studies: TPM, Six Sigma and LEAN.
- Detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Strong interpersonal skills, positive attitude and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism
PREFERRED SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND EXPERIENCE:
- A demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required timeframes.
- Fluent and highly capable of supporting, troubleshooting and modification of Allen Bradley Controllogix PLC’s, Panelview and FactoryTalk HMI.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and organizational skills, oral and written, with the ability to work withinternal and external suppliers, contractors, consultants, and manufacturing partners.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- Prior management experiencerequired