- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Assist in preparation of annual plant operating budget. Meet or exceed plant productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations as outlined by Operations Manager.
- Hire, train, direct and mentor staff and all plant employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
- Coordinate production scheduling to meet customer demands, to manage overtime, to minimize inventory, and to reduce costs.
- Support quality initiatives to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction.
- Provide direction, training, and development as needed.
- Provide coaching, counseling, or discipline as needed.
- Recommend disciplinary action to Plant Manager, and review disciplinary action for effectiveness and consistency.
- Work with HR to address employee concerns and issues.
- Identify, propose, and implement capital projects to improve operational performance.
- Coordinate plant equipment maintenance and repair. Support machine installation or removal as needed.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Technology preferred
- 7+ years experience in manufacturing management leading plant operations
- Strong technical injection mold or extrusion experience
- Strong leadership skills required.