Plant Senior Production Manager
Johnson Controls is looking for an exceptional manufacturing leader to join our Airside team. We have an exciting career opportunity for a Senior Plant Production Manager who will be responsible for leading a manufacturing team of more than 250 direct employees and 5-6 Production Supervisors for a 24 hour/day operation.
What you will do
- Allocates and manages resources (manpower, equipment and materials) to optimize production output with respect to safety, quality, delivery, and cost.
- Responsible for driving safety performance in the plant to achieve zero injuries; furthermore, facilitates risk reduction by supporting the development of Potential Hazard Identification Lists (PHIL’s) for each job task.
- Ensure quality standards are being met throughout the entire production process and support no defects from leaving a station or team area.
- Adjusts plant capacity to achieve 100% on-time delivery.
- Monitors Key Performance Indicator’s daily to assess performance; furthermore, develops and implements associated improvement plans.
- Support issue resolution including root cause investigation & corrective action tracking.
- Develops training programs and hiring plans for production associates.
- Maintains effective working relationship and communication with all departments and sees to the professional development of all assigned personnel.
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives in the manufacturing area.
- Supports the implementation of and continued adherence to Lean Manufacturing and 5S initiatives.
- Analyzes operational performance and develops priorities for improvements.
- Supports the implementation of the Johnson Controls Manufacturing System (JCMS) with focus on achieving level 5 maturity.
How you will do itThe Senior Production Manager will maintain effective working relationships and communication with all departments and see to the professional development of all assigned personnel.
#external What we look for
- Bachelor’s degreerequired, preferably in Engineering or Business
- Minimum of 7 years of progressive leadership in a fast paced, high volume manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytic problem solving skills.
- Able to work well under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Experience in hiring and developing new team members in a production environment.
- Communicate clearly using excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong organization skills with meticulous attention to detail.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) preferred