Arconic (NYSE: ARNC) creates breakthrough products that shape industries. Working in close partnership with our customers, we solve complex engineering challenges to transform the way we fly, drive, build and power. Through the ingenuity of our people and cutting-edge advanced manufacturing techniques, we deliver these products at a quality and efficiency that ensure customer success and shareholder value. Arconic Engines, a business unit of Arconic, is a world-class producer of aero engine and industrial gas turbine components, including airfoils, rings, disks and forgings. Arconic Engines excels in vacuum melted superalloys, machining, performance coatings and hot isostatic pressing for high-performance parts that enable the next-generation of quieter, more fuel-efficient aero engines and cleaner power generation. For more information: www.arconic.com. Follow @arconic: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube.
This position will be the primary representative and liaison for customer related issues.
- Act as the primary interface with the customers.
- Accomplishes strategic objectives by overseeing multiple customer related project activities, including daily activities, as well as new product introduction,
- Accountable for managing customer portfolio, forecast planning, order management and formulating quoting strategies.
- Monitor internal and external progress of customer program. Ensure milestone dates and objectives are met which includes building and maintaining relationships, rapport and access to upper management in both organizations (internal and external).
Support all customer matters which could impact customer relations or delay on time input or shipment of customer requirements.
- Liaise on projects internally with Production Control, Operations, Engineering, Procurement and Finance.
- Generate plans and strategies for assured success of the program requirements.
- Communicate to customers and internal peers on open items and key projects.
- Follow policies and procedures as outlined in Employee Handbook.
Job responsibilities and duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
Responsible for overall program requirements, deliverables and expectations for customers:
- Program focal point and interface with customers.
- Integral part of formulating, maintaining and communicating customer projects.
- Plan, prepare and coordinate customer visits.
- Process all orders and changes to orders.
- Communicate with customer on both technical and commercial issues
- Track the financial performance and prepare program dashboards for review.
- Act as customer advocate internally and externally.
- Other assignments as required to meet business needs.
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated leadership of cross-functional product teams
- Self-driven – ability to organize people and activities to get things done.
- Interpersonal savvy and communication skills (written and verbally)
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
- Problem-solving ability
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite, Project)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Manufacturing or Operations Management from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 3 years program management or technical sales
Engineering background preferred.
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
Aerospace, machining or power generation sector experiencepreferred.