Duties and responsibilities include the following; other duties may be required and assigned at any time.
- Customer Interface, Customer relationship development and communication
- Prepare plant sales budget and Monthly Business Review Pack
- Find/Win incremental spot business
- Directly supervise employees in the Sales department. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Supervision ofInternal customer service functions
- Responsiveness to customer requests for information, production launches accuracy/timeliness.
- Internal communication with other sites on transfer business.
SalesResponsibilities: Develop new sales opportunities including
- Existing product-existing customer; existing product – new customer; new product – existing customer, new product – new customer
- Find and win incremental spot business
- Negotiate within the boundaries set by Company; look for opportunities to gain margin
- Manage customer agreements to assure compliance to terms and quantities.
- Help work out cost problems
- Assist with collections
- Provide customer service to include developing and communicating solutions to quality/delivery issues and assisting with plant communications
- Develop product knowledge including company and customer products
- Gather intelligence on market, customer, and competitors; establish relationships at all levels of customer organization; communicate metal supply/price trends and drivers to the customer
- Monthly and quarterly progress reporting. Reporting requirements will include specific metrics for each category with corresponding critical actions to achieve success.
- Willing and able to travel in the Pacific Rim, China, the US, and the UK
- Strong presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Strong communication skills
- Strong computer skills; proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 5 years of Business-to-Business Sales experience
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a management or supervisory role
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or Refugee.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel (including pivot tables and VLOOKUP functions)
- Prefer the Bachelor’s Degree is in Engineering, from an accredited institution
- Sales experience in the Aerospace industry
- Sales experience in a metal working manufacturing industry (automotive, industrial, machinery)
- Experience with sales forecasting and monthly review packages, weekly updates to forecasts, annual budgets
- Familiar with ERP systems.