Industry Leader, global, strong growth manufacturer with an immediate opening. The Plant Project Engineer will be responsible for all phases of capital projects including design, estimating, proposals, equipment purchasing and installation. You will also develop and lead process improvement projects. This position is the driver for new and improved processes. The Plant Project Engineer is part of the Strategic Plant Leadership Team.
You will identify and troubleshoot manufacturing process issues. This position performs analysis on manufacturing methods and troubleshoots manufacturing process issues. This is a "Hands-On", "on-the-floor" position of leadership, project management, and problem solving! Duties include:
- Works directly with manufacturing management teams to assess business needs and determine courses of action.
- Directs the efforts of project and work teams to accomplish assignments.
- Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems requiring ingenuity to solve.
- Review process systems, machine design, control technology selection and automation.
- Responsible for identifying ways to improve safety, product quality, and production efficiencies.
- You will prepare project cost estimates and make recommendations on equipment needs.
- You will monitor and evaluate key performance indicators such as scrap, defects, downtime, and machine performance with the intent of optimizing the process.
A BS degree in Engineering (BSChemE is a plus). You should have 5+ years of experience working in a manufacturing environment. Industry experience preferred would be pharmaceutical, food ingredient, refining, chemical or a related industry. You should have experience managing significant size projects from developing FEED and contractor management through installation, commissioning, and start up.
You should have knowledge of manufacturing & distribution capabilities, process improvements, determine root cause, project costing methods, assembly procedures, bill of material structure, and computer skills required, including proficiency with Microsoft Project. You should have knowledge of engineering and operations such as crystallization, heat and material balances, drying, mechanical and physical/chemical separations, and energy management.
Dynamic, growth-oriented organization. Solid benefit package & retirement program. Strong compensation package that includes a $90-115k base salary + benefit & retirement programs. Relocation package is available.