Distinguished high-volume, high-quality food production company producing industry-leading proprietary brands across a nation-wide network of plants is looking for a Plant Project Engineer. The Project Engineer plans, schedules, conducts, and coordinates assigned engineering work; monitors work for compliance to applicable codes, accepted engineering practices and standards; ensures effective communication between all disciplines and all other project participants. Individual?s primary focus will be on layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design in our additional plant locations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Identify, define, program manage and/or process packaging and packaging related changes within the integrated supply chain addressing safety, ergonomic, and cost reduction.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating the technical and management aspects of projects.
- Responsible and accountable for ensuring that all assigned personnel are coordinating their activities with other project participants.
- Ability to recognize when technical problems are developing and initiate appropriate corrective action.
- Requires extensive regular contact with assigned project clients. Knowledge of processes, ergonomic packaging layout, manufacturing processes and testing/validation of recommended solutions.
- Work with manufacturing on layout challenges. Assist in the preparation of engineering project proposals.
- Supportbudgeting process by identifying cost savings opportunities.
- Participating in meetings and resolving client/engineering and management project issues. Solicit feedback from facilities and business units to improve packaging strategies individually seeking out packaging improvement opportunities.
- Ensure effective engineering and client communications through thorough understanding of the supply chain and the impact of packaging strategies on the business as a whole.
- Up to 25% travelrequired.
- Perform other duties of a similar nature or level, as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor?s degree in Engineering.
- 3-5years of experience in packaging design and layout of manufacturing equipment with emphasis on ergonomic design (food a plus).
- Experience with CPG packaging technology and automation preferred.
- AutoCAD experiencepreferred
- Project management experience. Must be able to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
- Working knowledge of cost accounting, gathering production information, and production scheduling.
- Problem-analysis and problem-solving skills; quality orientation and attention to detail.
- SAPexperiencepreferred. Knowledge of PLC?s (Allen Bradley) preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication. Ability to work and negotiate with vendors, customers, and employees.