Plant Program Manager II
- Apply with LinkedIn
A Plant Program Manager emphasizes the coordinating and prioritizing resources across programs, departments, and entities to ensure that resource contention is managed from a global focus.
- Work with customers, quality, manufacturing, process engineering, purchasing, account managers, and tech center personnel on initiating all activities and requirements to successfully manage project requests, pre- launch, launch, and SOP through EOL.
- Directs activities of plant cross-functional teams.
- Prepare and maintain project timelines and customer readiness forms, and monitor progress for multiple product builds.
- Work with plant team members to initiate and complete the PPAP package.
- Interface with customers on complaint issues and liaise with Quality personnel throughout the life of the program.
- Coordinate and monitor sources for tooling, fixtures, materials and equipment needed for secondary operations.
- May assist the Tech Center in preparation and/or distribution of order entry packets.
- Liaise with Tech Center for costing for automotive component and dunnage projects.
- Manage initial customer purchase orders, verify accuracy, work issues when discrepancies exist, disseminate information in the plant.
- May act as the Sonoco administrator on customer web sites.
- Make plant & customer visits; lead weekly Program meetings;
- Leads regular program meetings and participate in tool kick off meetings.
- Obtain customer data and customer prints, from Tech Center, monitor print level and coordinate with the plant.
- Submit packaging proposal on customer forms, obtain approval, and coordinate with Tech Center and/or returnable container supplier.
- Lead feasibility meetings with the plant cross functional teams on new product feasibility requests. Provide detail feasibility feedback to the sales organization.
- Meets the customers' timing, submission and quality requirements.
- Working with customers to launch new designs into production and implementing product changes.
- Participating in New Product Introduction reviews and communicating results to customer.
- Coordinate or lead cross-functional teams to design and implement systems and processes to meet unique customer business needs and/or product requirements.
- Following up on project milestones.
- Files program information and customer documents into corporate data management system.
- Make plant & customer visits.
- Fill out customer surveys.
- Lead weekly program meetings.
- Manage customer purchase orders, verify accuracy, and work issues when discrepancies exist.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent experience) from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or related field.
- 3-5 years’ experience in design required, automotive quality management experience strongly desired.
- 3-5 years’ experience in manufacturing require.
- Strong knowledge and management skills of the automotive component product lifecycle (PLM).
- Knowledge of customer quality systems and AIAG Level 3 PPAP.
- Experience withcustomer portal management systems.
- General Motors
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing effectively.
- Proficient mathematical and computer skills.
- Knowledge of APQP quality principles, SPC, capability analysis, corrective actions, etc. Knowledge of quality systems, TS-16949 and ISO 14001.
- Understanding and knowledge of production processes and procedures.
- Strong leadership, training, customer service, interpersonal and written/oral communication skills required.
- Working knowledge of computers and software, such as MS Office, with the capability to thoroughly learn new applications.