Job Description & Requirements
The Production Manager provides leadership and direction to the plant in areas of responsibility including administration, production, processing, packaging, scheduling, sanitation, quality, purchasing, safety and environmental.
He/she works with the Plant Manager and/or Operations Manager as the liaison between the Plant and other departments including Sales, Distribution, Corporate, and State and Federal Regulatory Personnel.
- Directs the overall activities of the manufacturing facility to ensure customer orders are received, scheduled, and produced at the lowest possible cost to meet the customer’s requirements while maintaining established safety and quality standards.
- Analyzes plant operations and key metrics to ensure that the facility maintains high quality and safety standards to continue to maintain our leadership position in the industry.
- Is responsible for expense management and control, including shrink, labor and overhead costs utilizing Continuous Improvement techniques and a Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Ensures that Standard Operating Procedures are developed and maintained for all aspects of the business.
- Cooperates in a cross-functional manner as a change agent with all departments within the Company.
- Engages in the typical responsibilities of a manager requiring planning, evaluating, organizing, integrating, and delegating.
- Provides management of employees directly or through supervisors to ensure effective selection, retention, development, disciplinary action and performance management. If a collective bargaining agreement exists, may participate in negotiations, grievances or othercontract related activities and discussions.
- Leads by example with the Dean Foods Code of Ethics. This includes following Company policies, standards and specifications.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degreerequired (A minimum of 3 years hands-on experience in the dairy plant or food industry operations may be considered in lieu of degree).
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience within a manufacturing plant.
- A minimum of 2 years supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Union (for union facilities), Safety, and Workers Compensation experiencepreferred.
- Experience leading and following Safety/Security Policies and Procedures.
- Ability to follow all Sanitation and Quality Policies and Procedures, and report and follow through on any deficiencies.
- Ability to follow Continuous Improvement (CI) Processes in the Management Operating Structure (MOS).
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and computer-based applications.
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs; ability to lead others through change.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Skill in organization and prioritization, and attention to detail.
- Strong team player and leader with the ability to work across multiple functions and disciplines.
- Ability to select, coach, develop, engage, and retain a team of employees.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks).
Requisition ID 2018-6206