Consistent with the Corporate Objectives, World Class manufacturing principles and within a high
performance team environment, the Performance Manager provides leadership to improve and sustain
line performance to world class level. This is will be done through direct leadership of the Performance
Team and collaborative efforts to provide process support, directly or through subordinates, to the AM/PM
and Quality Pillars. He / She leads performance improvement efforts in in a manner to achieve maximum
production and operating efficiencies within safety, quality, service and cost standards. The Performance
Manager will be responsible for the team's performance and is accountable for improving the applicable
standards in the plant.
- Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a key member of the plant management team. If required, will be responsible to fill in as plant manager in his or her absence.
- Works in an effective and cross-functional manner with all members of the plant management team with primary focus of improving and sustaining performance to meet plant business objectives.
- Directs Performance Team by coaching for optimal performance and providing leadership and information needed to empower employees to achieve corporate, plant, department, and individual objectives; from both an immediate and long-term perspective.
- Drive Focused Improvement projects and activities in accordance with plant strategy
- Collaborate with plant management team to support in identifying plant losses through the collection, stratification and analysis of data to facilitate and contribute to the cost deployment process
- Coordinates with plant and departmental Managers in development of annual plan to attack identified losses; lead and support performance team through successful projects management and completion.
- Guides team to promote use of correct WCM Tools.
- Uses technical knowledge and experience to coach/train others.
- Define, deploy, and sustain process control standards and operational standards related to process. Assign process members to conduct training as needed.
- Continuously evaluates plant performance within scope of department goals and focuses on continuous improvement in areas of opportunity/loses within the scope of Performance Team
- Work with Quality manager and WCM Community on the proper deployment and implementation of the Q&PC pillar. Owns process control part of the pillar.
- Participate in new product development projects as it pertains to the plant.
- Ensures Performance Team members are properly trained and their skills are regularly assessed to identify developmental needs are addressed.
- Regularly communicates progress of plant goals to all department employees and adjust team expectations to meet plant performance needs.
- Has latitude for non-reviewed actions and the exercise of independent judgment and discretion within established policies and procedures. OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other related duties and responsibilities as needed and / or requested by management.
- May assist with product development, capital projects, technology implementation and commissioning
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, industrial management or similar discipline, or five (5) years of equivalent experience that provides a comprehensive working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures of a lean/world class manufacturing operation may be substituted for a degree.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of applied professional experience working in manufacturing environment.
- Three to four (3-4) years of direct or indirect supervisory experience.
- Familiarity with Lean / World Class principles and practices.
- Ability to provide leadership and innovation at all levels of the organization utilizing differing styles of
- management; as the situation arises.
- Project Management skills.
- Change management skills.
- Strong influencer with conflict management skills.
- Results driven, flexible and open-minded with good written and oral communication.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
PREFERRED OR DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree in an engineering field.
- World Class Manufacturing (WCM) White Cap or similar qualification
- Previous experience in gypsum industry.
- Proven ability to be a coach and leader, with succession planning and employee development skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite proficiency and familiarity with GXO/SAP or similar software.
- Knowledge of Scientific Problem Solving Methods (preferably WCM FI toolset).FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Responsible for developing and delivering cost reduction plans
- Responsible for department budget
- Assist in developing and delivering capital project plans and budgets related to plant performance improvement