The Operations Supervisor reports to the Operations Manager. He/she will perform tasks that provide general support to the safe, efficient and successful operation of plant functions. This individual must be capable of communicating well with others. Must be able to perform multiple tasks at once, and must use their time efficiently in a fast-paced but rewarding workplace. The Operations Supervisor will perform supervisory duties, make in-the-field managerial decisions as well as report defective conditions and/or obstreperous acts of hourly employees throughout the plant to the Operations Manager and/or Maintenance Superintendent. He/she, on occasion, may be required to work nights and weekends based on operational demands.
US Silica has multiple openings around the country. Shifts vary depending on location.
- Ensure proper placement of empty railcars into the plant as directed from the Operations Manager so to provide efficient flow based on sales demand and also to reduce demurrage costs
- Confirm each railcar number is properly recorded on the corresponding load-out card and sample bag, as well as confirming the COA matches and is sent on time with shipment of loaded railcar ? Report railcar numbers to be shipped out on a daily basis to customer service
- Report the number of empty railcars received to the Operations Manager and/or supply chain group
- Perform monthly safety talks with hourly staff and turn in confirmation sign-off sheets to the Safety Manager
- Perform end-of-month inventory counts of consumables
- Utilize overtime rotation lists as directed by the Operations Manager so to fill hourly staffing requirements
- Ensure completion of task training records and annual training records review
- When needed, travel regionally to nearby plants or vendors to delivery or receive crucially needed mechanical parts or misc. items.
- Provide overall support to Operations, Maintenance, Safety, Quality and Environmental departments
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors' Degree in Engineering or Business preferred
- Will consider commensurate experience and High School Diploma
- Minimum 3 years' experience in aggregates, logistics or related field
- Must be able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to walk long distances and climb stairways while wearing a respirator
- Proficient with computer software programs such as Excel and Word
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable transportation to and from work