Trinity Rail Maintenance Services is searching for a talented team player to fill the open position of Plant Operations Manager at our Vidor, TX facility! We welcome your ideas and your outstanding work ethic. Join our team today and be a part of Helping to Build America.
- Manage the day to day direction of plant operations leadership team, including superintendents, foremen, and supervisors.
- Establish functional business plans and technical project objectives to meet the short- and long- term goals of a production or warehousing organization
- Inspect work areas to ensure safety regulations are being followed safe working conditions are maintained. Assists lead worker in conducting safety meetings
- Responsible for production efficiency, throughput, volume across all plant operations.
- Coordinates work assignments and instruction of employees with lead worker(s) to ensure proper, efficient work procedures. Monitor and maintain quality and efficiency
- Coordinate workload according to completion schedules. Monitor manpower, materials and equipment. Requisition additional material, equipment or manpower when necessary
- Liaisons between operations, quality, safety, human resources, and plant manager to ensure alignment in production activity and expectations.
- Troubleshoot issues dealing with production, maintenance, quality, shipping, engineering and management. Communicating with all levels of employees
- Oversight of production and continuous improvement projects.
- Four yeardegree in Manufacturing Engineering preferred; 5-7 years manufacturing operations management and supervisionexperiencerequired
- 5 years manufacturing repair facility experiencepreferred
- 3-5 years manufacturing continuous improvement experience
- Ability to analyze and interpret blueprints and production drawings and plan cost efficient work procedures that meet quality requirements
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products; specifically Excel and Word
- Experience with Time & Attendance system; Kronos preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to communicate across all levels
Job ID: 1802844