Consistent with CertainTeed Ceilings Vision, Mission, Values and Objectives, the Plant Operations Manager provides leadership and technical abilities to drive plant performance to world class levels of safety, quality, service and efficiency. All plant production, maintenance, and engineering related operations fall under the Plant Operations Manager, who will lead all efforts to maximize production and operating efficiencies while factoring in costs, safety, quality, and service standards. The ideal Plant Operations Manager also pursues process improvement by pursuing employee development and environmental stewardship.
Some travel (5%) may be required. Occasional weekends and holidays will be required as well depending on projects, floor coverage, etc.
- Manages the plant production and maintenance personnel to manufacture quality products while achieving world class levels of safety, housekeeping, yield, availability and cost performance.
- Ensures the safe, effective and efficient utilization of labor, materials, equipment, and in-process inventories in the production of all products.
- Is responsible for management, oversight, skills improvement and training of all production and maintenance department employees.
- Leads focused improvement projects, autonomous maintenance, and professional maintenance training and activities to meet milestones and timelines. Acts as a WCM pillar champion. Shares responsibility for plant budgets and performance with peer managers.
- Coordinates production schedule with maintenance requirements & project implementation
- Uses technical knowledge and experience in insuring proper functionality of all production systems.
- Has latitude to exercise independent judgment and discretion relative to production activity within approved policies and procedures.
- Identify, research, propose, coordinate installation and commission capital projects and implements many smaller scale improvements.
- Continuously evaluates production performance and focuses on continuous improvement of areas of non-compliance. Benchmarks production performance KPI's with counterparts in other CertainTeed Ceiling plants.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Science, Industrial Management or similar discipline - or the equivalent training and experience that provides a comprehensive working knowledge of the laws, regulations, practices and procedures of a manufacturing operation.
- Requires 6 to 8 years of experience in the application of this knowledge to production activities including a minimum of 2 years as a direct supervisor in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience managing a 24 x 7 operation preferred.
- Have the ability to provide Leadership and innovation at all organizational levels, adaptability, customer and supplier focus, good written and oral communication.
- Requires proficiency with Microsoft Office products, particularly Outlook, Excel and Word.
- Experience in creating data collection systems, data mining, and data analysis.
- Continuous Improvement experience in Lean Manufacturing setting highly preferred.