The Operations Manager oversees all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing while insuring policies and procedures are followed. This position develops processes that maximize ownership, stewardship, safety, quality and productivity.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide overall leadership, direction and coordination for plant operations.
- Ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures promoting a world-class safety culture.
- Ensure all plant personnel are operating in compliance with plant and corporate procedures as well as compliance with customer and governmental regulations
- Identify and implement strategies to improve performance, meeting and exceeding plant Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Provide coaching and development of plant staff to insure effective leadership, collaboration and balance in achieving KPIs focused on safety, quality, customer service and productivity.
- Monitor and set standards for operations and help identify and correct bottlenecks
- Increase production asset capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs
- Plan and supervise the design and progress of capital projects
- Develops and implements financial and non-financial objectives including annual budget that serves as the plants operating plan.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions & ensure product quality is maintained.
- Responsible for Food Safety and Food Quality of MFI products.
- Identify and address conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties of a similar nature or level.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Ten or more years' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- A demonstrated track record of achieving results against a comprehensive set of KPIs.
- Bachelor's degree (B.S.) from four-year college or university, preferably a B.S. in Food Science, Engineering, or Management
- Excellent problem solving and reasoning skills required
- Ability to analyze downtime and financial variance trends, identifying actions to deliver expected performance.
- Adequate knowledge of organizational effectiveness and operations management.
Preferred Skill Set:
Food manufacturing experience preferred. USDA experience beneficial.
Plant Manager from a mid size 150-400 range employee facility
Full P&L experience