Production Manager - Williamson, NY
The Operations Manager is responsible for the overall direction, guidance and safety of a manufacturing department. This includes organizing and directing all departmental related activities on all shifts, including providing leadership, direction and facilitation of production line teams, maintenance, quality and materials.
Keurig Dr Pepper (NYSE: KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
- Direct all departmental related activities to ensure the timely execution of the production schedule to meet production and service goals. Ensure a high level of customer service while meeting inventory management goals, including raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods.
- Ensure a safe and orderly working environment, free of slip/trip hazards; maintain compliance to meet/exceed all site and regulatory requirements.
- Deliver cost and performance; complete projects & assignments on-time, and according to plan. Develop and execute a capital plan for the department.
- Manage all departmental quality related activities to insure a high level of food safety and product quality.
- Manage all departmental maintenance activities; maintain equipment in a safe, efficient, and cost-effective manner.
- Have a track record of successful continuous improvement initiatives and results, with a focus upon lean manufacturing and 5S. Identify, recommend and execute continuous improvement initiatives in the production operation including process, machinery, method and material changes, in support of plant goals. Develop and streamline procedures for coordination of supply chain management with other functional areas.
- Create and implement improvement plans for the overall operation.
- Develop departmental personnel by assessing performance, setting goals, providing coaching, counseling, & training, while supporting Continuous Improvement.
- Manage all employee related issues within the department. Effectively manage departmental staffing requirements in accordance to budgetary and contractual requirements.
- Communicate goals and objectives, apply company policy, coach, administer discipline, and ensure positive employee relations. Build bench strength through active development of direct reports.
- Support and provide training to improve capability of technicians.
- Schedule and track standard preventive manufacturing measures and prioritizes plant maintenance opportunities.
- Guide and support technicians in trouble-shooting production equipment when necessary.
- Experience coaching and leading cross-functional teams, including team building, understanding motivation and negotiation techniques and providing work direction to others
- Well organized, high energy, data driven, and results oriented.
Benefits built for you
Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
- Bachelordegree from accredited University in Engineering, Operations Management, Supply Chain, etc
- 5 years of experience in a management role in a manufacturing environment
- 2 years of experience with lean, kaizen/six sigmaevents and driving lean transformation with proven results and in a manufacturing environment (5S, Autonomous Maintenance, Planned Maintenance, visual management, and leading Kaizen events)