Plant Operations Manager
PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER, Top Global Manufacturer - 40 Miles E. of Chicago .. Min. 3 yrs? relevant Leadership-Lean Plant Operations' Exp.
IMMEDIATE POSITION - Due to Growth
To $127K Base (d.o.e.) + Performance Bonus + Excellent Benefits (inc. 3 wks: Vacation + Xmas to New Year) + Relocation or Sign-On Bonus + Career Growth /
Director of Operations & Quality of one of the world's leading, established/significant growing $500+ Million innovative industrial machinery/equipment manufacturers, offering the most extensive selection on the market today, is seeking a capable PLANT OPERATIONS MANAGER to join his Manufacturing team. Company offers products/tools for diverse range of industries: Construction, Oil & Gas, Mining, Manufacturing, General industry, etc.
This job opportunity is meant for a driven, confident/dynamic/passionate, strategic, critical thinking / level-headed /minded professional and determined individual with a proven track record in lean manufacturing and operations effectively?..and, who can identify, implement, improve company?s Productivity. Just-in-Time Delivery metrics while truly juggling multiple goals, tasks and cope withassociated pressures very effectively. Someone who wants to be empowered to ?make a difference?, be an effective mentor, persuasively and collaboratively....being instrumental in enabling the Manufacturing teams?.and, in turn, the Company to achieve its future growth.
Due to Government laws and working with R&D, U.S. Citizens and Green Card Holders only.
NO Overseas Candidates will be eligible.
The Operations Manager oversees management of all areas of manufacturing to produce products and direct activities so that approved products are manufactured on schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
The Operations Manager oversees 6 Direct Reports / 125 In-Direct Reports and all daily activities of the plant operations (2 Shifts, M-F), managing production schedules to meet internal volume, cost and quality goals. Analyzes production metrics and makes recommendations for improvements and solutions to issues that are identified.
Responsible for managing production schedules to meet customer delivery requirements and best utilize the company?s productive capacity. Oversees staffing and development of all production supervisors and staff. Ensures safe operations and adherence to regulatory requirements.
This position requires a change agent with a proven track record in high-mix, low-volume industrial manufacturing environments. This position will manage continuous improvement using lean principles to customer satisfaction targets and corporate metrics and will ensure that end-to-end business practices are aligned with system applications to provide world class execution of SIOP plans.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Director of Operations in the development and formulation of long and short-range planning, policies, programs and objectives.
- From an Operations / Lean Excellence perspective,within the first 90-days, conduct and complete your thoughtful, critical-minded operations review and assessment to present and discuss with the Director of Operations.
- Develop and execute the manufacturing plan and establish procedures for maintaining / continuously improving high standards of manufacturing operations to ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Lead and manage Daily and Weekly Production Meetingswith direct reports (6) and cross functional team members.
- Regularly report OTF, OTD and productivity metrics to Director and Senior management. Present recommendations for improvements, working closelywithProduction Supervisors (6)..to include mentoring?to implement continuous improvements initiatives ensuring set productivity goals are met and/or, exceeded.
- Achieve optimum employee levels with least amount of overhead and raw material costs to meet annual budgetary plan ($14 - $18 MM).
- Manage work in process, schedules and availability of labor to meet production schedules. Heavy interface with Materials Planning and Purchasing departments on material status and production planning issues.
- Develop, monitor and report (Weekly and Monthly) on operating costs within functional areas. Alert management of cost and labor over run. Make recommendations and implement immediate solutions to reduce operating costs.
- Formulate and recommend lean manufacturing policies and programs that guide the organization in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation.
- Work cross functionally, effectively and powerfully, with other teams to implement lean process improvements and to ensure successful NPD launches.
- Direct, monitor and mentor production supervisors to ?keep a critical eye? and accomplish goals of the manufacturing plan, consistent with developed manufacturing and safety procedures.
- Hire, train, mentor, develop and evaluate staff. Take corrective action as necessary on a timely basis and in accordance with company policy. Ensures compliance with current federal, state and local regulations. Consults with Human Resources Department as appropriate.
- Identify, recommend and implement changes to continually / consistently improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data. Direct the establishment, implementation and maintenance of production standards.
- Direct and coordinate various programs essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g., training, safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.) in tandem withother managers.
- Initiate and coordinate major projects team (e.g., plant layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.).
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
Education - a MUST HAVE:
BS Mechanical Engineering Degree
Black or Green Belt Certification and Masters/MBA highly preferred
Experience / Qualifications - a MUST HAVE:
- MIN. 10 - 15+ years? relevant experience required, e.g. industrial Machinery/Equipment, Transportation, Engine, Large Construction Loading Equipment manufacturing
- Min. 3 - 5+ years? managerial experience.
- Proven successful mentoring / leadership skills.
- Proven ability to generate the necessary results?with always a sense of urgency?.taking it to the next level and demonstrated ability for promotion within approximately 12 - 18 months.
- High energy, confident operations / lean manufacturing leader with highly engineered industrial machinery experience and demonstrated mechanical aptitude.
- Strong, demonstrated Lean Manufacturing background and proficiency, i.e. LeanSix Sigma background or equivalent.
- Strong, proven experience in productivity / time and project management.
- Highly motivated and able to work with little direction.
- Capital planning/forecasting and cost management very beneficial.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills. Proven ability to be present ideas, thoughts in a powerful, succinct manner.
- Strong team building / mentoring / development skills with the ability to effectively motivate and inspire others to create a ?domino effect? down the line.
- Proven ability to keep a critical eye / thinking, with the desire to continuously seek improvement in the existing processes and across all responsibilities.
- Demonstrated, proven and effective problem-solving skills.
- Proven strong PC skills and software knowledge, MS Word, Project Management, etc.
Please IMMEDIATELY send us your resume in WORD or PDF Format.
BSI-Boreham Search International, Inc.