Position Summary & Duties: This is a Field Mechanical Engineer direct position with our client in the Specialty Chemical Industry. This position is located in the Westlake, Louisiana area.
Mechanical Engineer Job Description:
The position reports to the Mechanical Head.
Mechanical Engineer specific responsibilities for managing and completing a wide range of Mechanical Engineering functions to include, but not limited to:
• Ensure that all activities, for which he/she is responsible, are carried out in conformance with laws and regulations, contractual requirements and the Project Management Manual.
• In particular health and safety of personnel, natural and working environment and equipment shall be taken care of.
• Package ownership and review responsible for heat exchangers, pressure vessels, boilers, fresh water generators and gas compressors (Centrifugal and Reciprocating)
• Comment the Mechanical design, including arrangement on operability, functionality, accessibility and maintainability to meet requirements in laws, regulations, class, flag and contract
• Monitor and review Contractor's Mechanical activities and deliverables during engineering, fabrication, integration, testing to ensure compliance with all regulatory and contract requirements.
Qualifications: Mechanical Engineer Job Requirements:
• Engineering degree with extensive Mechanical Engineering experience in the field with both static and rotating equipment.
• Extensive experience with rotating equipment.
• Plant mechanical engineering experience of at least 5 years of in an operating petrochemical facility.
• Experience in ethylene cracker would be beneficial.
• Plant Mechanical Engineer will have the ability to work extensively in the field throughout the plant facility.
• Review comments from Certifying Authority on design of the Mechanical systems/equipment and assist in resolving issues.
• Participate in HAZID's and HAZOP's.
• Comments on projects/Modification mechanical design.
• Review and comment plans for Factory Acceptance Tests (FAT) for Mechanical equipment, and participate in such tests for critical equipment. Verify satisfactory results of FAT
• Prepare Purchase request being very conversant with equipment and material specifications.
• Request equipment, materials and consumables as required within limits of authority.
• Propose and implement cost effective solutions in design, procurement, installation and maintenance of mechanical equipment
• Identify and qualify equipment vendors.
• Plan, coordinate and supervise revamp and maintenance activities.
• Participate in design of material codification system.
• Other duties as necessary and related