The Plant Manager is expected to mentor, train and develop teammates for career progression and learning. This leader must possess the ability to identify and share best practices across the entire manufacturing organization, partnering Human Resources, Finance and other Departments.
The ideal candidate is expected to resolve complex issues in creative, effective ways and is capable of operating with significant autonomy and discretion. This position requires a proven ability to drive process improvements and the ability to keep pace with significant growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of a time-critical environment. This role requires significant analytical skills and judgment, elevated attention to detail and organizational skills, strong project management abilities, proven experience negotiating and strong verbal and written communication skills.
The Plant Manager admits and takes ownership for mistakes and knows when to ask for help. This leader keeps others informed of information that contributes to the performance of the team, department or company, and engenders trust and respect in all working relationships.
Among the responsibilities for this position are the following
- Support the Zazzle values. – Creativity, Heart, Integrity and Amaze
- Set an example of integrity, transparency, cooperation, hard work and excellence for all employees.
- Lead, staff and manage a world class management team by training, developing, and coaching team members on a consistent basis.
- Work with the HR and Management teams to streamline communication and procedures to assure highest customer service and efficiency
- Work with Customer Service Manager to identify and monitor key customer-focused metrics, including NPS and On-Time Performance.
- Set and clarify requirements and expectations for manufacturing managers. Measure performance, provide feedback, and hold Managers accountable for their performance and the performance of their departments. Communicate job expectations to all employees; plan, monitor, appraise, and review performance.
- Responsible for managing COGS, product quality, and developing and implementing plans for efficient use of materials, machines, and labor force to establish, maintain, and enhance a profitable operation.
- Work directly with Supply Chain and Finance to ensure inventory transactions are properly executed.
- Keep and maintain production records accurately and consistently.
- Identify and implement Process Improvements across the all workflows represented in Reno, NV.
- Create, implement, and sustain facilities appearance program that ensures consistent cleanliness, organization, and quality standards that meet or exceed Zazzle expectations.
- Responsible for manufacturing safety programs in order to provide a safe and clean workplace for employees within the regulations of all OSHA, local, state and company regulations and policies.
- Perform other assignments as needed as directed by the Sr Director of Fulfillment Operations
- Bachelor of Arts in a related or technical field
- Masters in a related or technical field would be preferred.
- 15 + years proven success in an operations management role.