Microbrush International develops, produces, and markets innovative disposable applicators designed for the placement of controlled amounts of materials in hard-to-reach areas. Microbrush is a wholly owned subsidiary of Young Innovations, Inc. Young Innovations is a manufacturer and marketer of high quality dental equipment with sales in excess of $160 million per year.
Microbrush International is looking for a dynamic, focused, and engaging leader to join our team as the Plant Manager at our facility in Grafton, Wisconsin. Reporting to the Vice President of Operations for Young Innovations, the Plant Manager will oversee an ~80-person location, with primary responsibility for driving and guiding teams in various functional capacities, including production, engineering, maintenance, purchasing/planning/scheduling, materials/inventory management, shipping/receiving, and facility management. The candidate hired will leverage their successful track record in developing and executing strategic initiatives, championing Lean methodologies and continuous improvement activities, directing on-time production, and developing high-performing teams to provide inspirational leadership which engages all levels of employees to exceed company and customer expectations.
- Provide consistent, strong, stable leadership throughout facility and energize all levels of staff to exceed operational objectives
- Develop and drive a high-performing operations leadership team focused on accountability, goal achievement, and engaging people management, and ensure that that team adopts a similar focus in the selection and/or development of their own high-performing group(s)
- Provide oversight and general direction to all production-related operations of facility, establishing accountability and feedback loops with the operations management team to ensure that:ChampionLean Manufacturing and allothercontinuous improvement initiatives
- Purchasing, planning and allocation of manufacturing resources (both people and materials) meet short and long-term production requirements;
- Daily production and shipping activity meets on-time customer demand;
- Appropriate preventive maintenance and machine troubleshooting activities are completed;
- All safety and quality procedures are implemented, maintained, and followed
- Direct the establishment, monitoring, analysis, and communication of plant performance via dashboards, scorecards, and ad hoc reports
- Own all elements of operations budget for facility, including preparation and adherence to operating and capital expenditure budgets in-line with business unit and corporate objectives
- Partner with on-site and corporate Quality and Regulatory to ensure ongoing facility compliance with ISO standards and FDA guidelines
- Partner with various matrixed business partners to develop and execute strategic and tactical operating plans for facility, such as:
- Aligning operational projects and initiatives to total company objectives
- Engaging Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process to ensure production is able to meet recurring and one-off customer demand
- Transferring new products to manufacturing
- Collaborating with corporate IT group to implement infrastructure improvement plans and approved projects
- Bachelor’s degree in operations management, industrialengineering, supply chain/logistics or a related field and a minimum of 10 years of experience in manufacturing, including 5 years in a leadership capacity; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Preference given for those who have:
- Worked in injection molding and automated equipment operations
- Worked in a Private Equity owned organization
- Successfully integrated new production capacity or business acquisitions
- Expert-level knowledge of Lean Manufacturing concepts and methodologies and proven ability to execute initiatives and maintain a strong lean environment
- Demonstrated success in developing teams, driving change management, and implementing a culture of accountability, engagement, and continuous improvement
- Understanding and experience in the application of a high-functioning Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) process
- Experience in a regulated environment, preferably FDA and Medical Devices, with knowledge of ISO 13485 standards, FDA guidelines, current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP), and European Medical Device Directive
- Strong financial acumen with the ability to manage budget and P&L responsibilities
- Ability to develop, track, analyze, and report/communicate on appropriate operational metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to all levels inside and outside the organization
- Strong project/time management skills with the ability to juggle multiple high-priority demands in a fast-paced environment
- Superior root cause problem solving skills
- Knowledge and familiarity with ERP systems
- Ability to complete occasional travel (approximately 10-15% of the time)
Take this opportunity to join a successful team where you can make a significant impact immediately. Enjoy a competitive salary and generous benefits that include offers of Health, Dental, Vision, Life, and Short/Long-term disability insurance; 401k (with employer match); vacation; and holidays.
Microbrush International/Young Innovations, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and E-Verify participating employer.