Position: Plant Manager (Manufacturing)
Location: Victoria, TX Area
Compensation: Salary $160,000+/- plus Bonus Commensurate with Experience
Benefits: Comprehensive Insurance, Relocation and Retirement Package
POSITION SUMMARY: The Plant Manager is a seasoned Industrial Leader with a track record of success in a fast paced 24/7 manufacturing environment. Skills required include developing people, leading safety, improving quality, delivering economical results, launching new products, managing change, and driving continuous improvement. The Facility Manager reports to the Industrial Operations Director and has 5 direct and 5 indirect reports located at the site.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES: The Plant Manager is responsible for leading the workforce to an empowered state, developing talent, and utilizing tools and resources available. Has authority to set vision, implement short-term and long range strategy, set budgets, and represent the company in interactions concerning the facility and the authority to make all decisions that are necessary to operate the facility safely, reliably and in an environmentally sound manner.
This position focuses on continuous improvement activities that:
- Grow the site's personal and process safety culture.
- Minimize the site's impact on the environment.
- Prolong company's image as a good neighbor within the local communities thru active participation and communication.
- Exceed customers' expectations thru superb product quality and on time delivery of product.
- Maximize economic profit thru operational excellence and optimum manufacturing costs (fixed and variable) as compared to top quartile performers.
- Motivate team members to take on new challenges and develop new ideas that will provide them with opportunities to personally develop while also allowing the plant to continually improve on past performance.
- Engineering degreerequired. Chemical Engineering degree strongly preferred.
- 9+ years of petrochemical manufacturing experience with progressively greater responsibility.
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial tendencies acting as a business owner for his/her area of responsibility.
- Strong / principled leader
- Demonstrated experience delivering results as a production superintendent (or higher responsibility).
- Demonstrated leadership, interpersonal, communication, and teambuilding skills.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively lead, influence, and do work across organizational boundaries which include industrial, commercial, innovation & technology, and contractors.
- Ability to plan and execute multiple projects/activities.
- Previous olefins/polyolefins plant leadership experiencedesired.
- PSM / VPP / ISO9002 / RCMS / SAPExperiencedesired
- Knowledgeable in Six Sigma and 5s Methodologies.
- Root Cause Analysis such as Apollo, Tap Root, 5-Why?s, etc.
- Reliability Centered Maintenance preferred