Our client, major manufacturing organization is seeking an experienced Plant Management professional to join their team, located in the NY/NJ area to work in the capacity of Plant Manager. The chosen candidate will oversee and be responsible for the entire Molding operation through supervision, coordination, coaching/training and providing leadership to the assigned staff. The ideal candidate will possess a depth and breadth of experience as a Leader within Manufacturing Operations that focuses on producing parts that meet all Customer specifications at or below standard cost and in a clean and safe environment.
*Monitor and direct priorities for molding, mold maintenance, automation, auxiliary equipment, machine maintenance and labor.
* Responsible for shift-to-shift communication to ensure all Customer requirements and departmental goals are met.
* Lead all departmental meetings.
* Implement a plan to continually develop and evaluate direct reports that promotes a continuous improvement and "zero defect" philosophy.
* Review all departmental documentation and create new or make recommendations for improvements.
* Coach/train personnel on all new or updated processes and procedures.
* Coordinate with Planning and Customer Service personnel to ensure all internal and external Customer requirements are met.
* Monitor and control operation hours, labor hours, finished goods inventory levels and operating supplies to make sure all are meeting standards.
* Approve of departmental purchase requisitions.
* Review and approve all completed Manufacturing Orders (MO's) prior to closing.
* Participate on the team or be a leader of all departmental 8D's.
* Participate as a member of the New Program Development/Quoting and APQP Teams.
* Develop departmental annual budget and be responsible for meeting corporate financial goals.
* Participate in ISO/QS/TS and Customer internal and external audits.
Best Industry ? Manufacturing, Plastics
Best Department ? Engineering
BS degree in an Engineering or Plastics related discipline is required.
Strong precision injection/insert molding experience, and or strong mold tooling experience.
10 ? 12 years of experience in a medium/high volume plastics manufacturing environment.
Experience leading, managing and mentoring a team of direct reports with hire/fire responsibilities is required.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills are required.
Must possess the ability to multi-task and set priorities.
Experience and ability to interact effectively with all departments throughout the organization is required.
Strong Windows-based PC skills (Microsoft Office, MS Outlook, MS Excel, etc) are required.
ISO/QS/TS knowledge preferred.
Strong communications skills (Verbal, written and interpersonal) are required.
High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
US Citizens or Green Card holders only apply. No H1b visa sponsorship will be offered with this position.