We are at the dawn of the resource revolution. In a world facing high demographic growth, runaway urbanization and the shortage of natural resources, securing, optimizing and renewing resources is essential to our future. SUEZ (Paris: SEV, Brussels: SEVB) supplies drinking water to 92 million people, delivers wastewater treatment services to 65 million, recovers 16 million tons of waste each year and produces 7 terawatt hours of local and renewable energy. With 82,500 employees, SUEZ, which is present on all five continents, is a key player in the sustainable management of resources. SUEZ generated total revenues of $16.5 billion in 2016.
Responsible for the general management of the City of Woonsocket RI, Drinking Water Treatment System. Responsibilities include strategic management of construction, operation, maintenance and repair of the treatment facility in accordance with the Service Agreement. The project manager will oversee delivery of all capital expenditure. Includes planning, scheduling, coordinating, assigning, and directing the work of departmental supervisors. Utility infrastructure includes water treatment plant, source water, certified lab and storage tanks. Develops and maintains client and stakeholder relationships. Responsible for all contract deliverables regarding the water treatment. The Project Manager will ensure compliance to all regulating agencies including environmental permitting, reporting, and water quality.
- RIDOH T-4 Full Water Treatment Operator’s License
- Thorough knowledge of operating techniques associated with a water storage and Treatment system of similar size and nature to the location
- Thorough knowledge of health and safety standards
- Considerable knowledge of effective supervisory methods and practices including team-building and conflict management.
- Extensive knowledge of operation and maintenance practices and standards pertaining to the operation of public utility systems.
- Strong aptitude for planning, organizing, scheduling, assigning and evaluating the work of subordinates.
- Ability to train, encourage, coach and counsel subordinate employees.
- Ability to organize, implement, and effectively manage health and safety and training programs for employees engaged in utilities operation and maintenance work.
- Ability to develop, organize, and manage records and reports pertinent to the activities supervised.
- Strong desire to establish and maintain effective working relationships, teams, and work groups with other employees, contractors and the general public.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Thorough knowledge and the ability to use computers and applications for the utility profession
- Bachelors degree in Engineering or related field and 5-7 years of relevant experience to include hydraulics, water treatment or water operations, inspection of water production equipment, including pumps, valves and motors and a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience in the water utilities industry are preferred or minimum of 7-10 years of progressively responsible supervisory experience in public water treatment operations or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Possession of a valid driver's license in resident state with the ability to meet Risk Management guidelines.