The Plant Manager is responsible for driving continuous and significant improvements in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, cost, and working capital. This will be achieved by developing a world class organization by methodically balancing tactical execution and strategic objectives. A unique combination of strategic planning, strategy deployment, lean management, manufacturing techniques and six sigma tools are required. An emphasis will be placed on experience in building teams, developing talent and leading synergy and engagement activities.
Essential Job Functions
- Drive rapid, significant and sustainable improvement in on-time delivery, service level and lead-time.
- Develop and execute a manufacturing strategy that supports the division's overall market-driven business strategy. Specifically, lead expansion of highly successful point of impact manufacturing and delivery models.
- Lead regular strategy deployment & KPI reviews for the manufacturing team ensuring attainment of results and a sense of urgency with respect to the strategic implementation priorities.
- Strategically drive the implementation of safety and industrial hygiene programs designed to minimize the severity and frequency of workplace injuries and illnesses.
- Passionately drive continuous improvement culture while implementing the strategic Roadmap to achieve breakthrough performance in working capital, quality, delivery, cost, and growth.
- Build an outstanding team and evolve the organizational structure to meet and exceed objectives. Ensure development and engagement of talent across all levels of the organization.
- Drive cycle time and working capital improvements through flexible and lean manufacturing processes.
- Periodically present plans and actual results, as well as strategy deployment and KPI progress. Take aggressive action to drive financial performance in the areas of direct and indirect labor, manufacturing overhead cost, and inventory levels.
- Partner with internal resources and the matrix structure to coordinate manufacturing functions with sales, marketing, design engineering, finance, supply chain, human resources and other departments.
- Ensure effective allocation of resources across all areas of the operation to accomplish customer-driven priorities.
- Partner with Product Marketing, R&D and Quality teams to ensure the best possible product and customer satisfaction.
- Play an active and significant role in the S&OP process.
- Continually benchmark best practices and implement as appropriate.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Engineering or related field required. Master's degree preferred.
- 5–10 years operations leadership experience with a demonstrated track record of significant performance improvement.
- Experience in lean culture development and lean tool implementation required.
- Manufacturing experience in metal fabrication, finishing/machining and assembly preferred.
- Supply chain and inventory management critical.
- Working knowledge of OSHA guidelines, environmental regulations and EHSMS.
- Resourceful, combining strong manufacturing and technical abilities with overall management acumen.
- Ability to effectively deploy resources to key priorities with resources at hand.
- Sets high expectations (driven by metrics and countermeasures) for self and the organization.
- Ability and passion to rapidly learn and utilize the business system and achieve objectives.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, and the ability to effectively communicate throughout all levels of the organization.
- Develop a highly talented operations, engineering and supply chain organization.
- Autonomous and self-directed, but also able to work within a matrix organization. Ability to lead and influence without direct control in all areas.
- High degree of credibility, integrity and trust.