This role is a key member of our operations leadership group within the Americas Cooling organization. It is the senior site operations leader responsible for overseeing all plant activities in order to meet business objectives, including but not limited to the safety, quality, planning/processing, production, maintenance, warehousing, and shipping functionality of the Dixon plant operations.
The successful candidate will be accountable for all aspects of plant performance in a manufacturing environment of high quality engineered products by effectively planning work, organizing the workforce, and managing financial metrics while optimizing quality and safety. The successful incumbent will be a strong leader, leading operations directly and functions indirectly and be able to motivate employees to produce quality products in a safe manner. They will also be results oriented and continuously focused on driving improvement. This role acts as site lead for Dixon operations.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly leads and oversees scheduling, production, inventory control
- Indirectly leads and oversees functions including but not limited to: IT, HR, finance, sales support, engineering and supply chain
- Leads continuous improvement initiatives to lower costs and increase efficiency
- Manages site budget to ensure minimal production cost and optimal product quality
- Collaborates with engineering and commercial teams to ensure planning and production are optimized
- Leads performance management for plant employees; identifies and addresses areas of needed coaching and guidance
- Oversees long term planning activities geared towards enhanced operations; manage capital projects
- Ensures timely and effective delivery of goods to clients
- Drives a safety first culture; continuously improves and ensures compliance with all safety procedures
- Ensures adherence to quality standards while actively driving quality focus among all levels of employees
- Complies with all applicable state and federal environmental and safety regulations and enforces local policies
- Partners with Cooling BU leaders and site leadership to develop, implement, and effectively communicate business metrics and goals to all team members
- Develops and implements an effective succession planning program for all levels of leadership and departments
- Shares responsibility for continued improvement of positive culture as it relates to site morale and turnover initiatives
- Successfully manages and completes multiple business projects and initiatives through effective delegation and mentoring
EDUCATION, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in mechanical or industrial engineering, industrial management, or a related discipline
- 7+ years of plant operations/management experience
- MBA or advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated ability to lead continuous improvement, lean savings, and process improvements
- Previous experience in an environment manufacturing highly engineered, custom products
- Plant operations leadership experience.
- Progressive experience in implementing continuous improvement, lean savings, and process improvements
- Formal exposure to process improvement methodology.
Industry Sector and Company Experience
- Manufacturing industry experience, specifically with highly engineered, custom products preferred