White reporting to the VP of Manufacturing, this position will support the planning, organization, direction, control, and review of all manufacturing and staff support activities utilized in the production of quality products at least cost to meet customer requirements and sales commitments. Specifically, the position leads the plant in creating a safe work environment and developing customer relationships.
- Ensure the safety of all employees; lead a comprehensive safety program to prevent injuries. Comply with all federal, state, and local environmental and safety regulations (EPA, OSHA, etc.).
- Develop subordinates through education, training, and teamwork.
- Prepare annual plant operating budget. Present budget to division staff. Meet or exceed plant profitability, productivity, cost, or other performance metric expectations as outlined by division.
- Hire, train, direct and mentor staff and all plant employees with diverse language, cultural and educational background.
- Lead plant in continuous improvement initiatives, such as 5S with safety, 6 Sigma, Kaizen events, and lean manufacturing.
- Support sales and marketing efforts to enhance customer satisfaction by responding to customer complaints.
- Drive quality programs to ensure product meets or exceeds customer expectations.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Work with HR to coordinate labor relations and union negotiations, as applicable.
- Build and maintain local contacts to ensure reputable community relations.
- Build and maintain productive employee relationships, driving employee satisfaction. Work with HR to coordinate labor relations and union contract negotiations, as applicable for the plant
This position is located in Morristown, TN in our Flexible Packaging Division.
- We expect you to have a bachelor's degree in business, science or engineering
- You will also have 7+ years of relevant experience.