Plant Manager, Glass Manufacturing. Minneapolis, MN
Your Role with the Company:
A Plant Manager with this company must have the ability to lead in a way that builds trust with a passion to grow and develop self and others. The Plant Manager must have the ability to effectively communicate at all levels – from the shop floor to executive leadership. He/she must be willing to hold people accountable after coaching does not work out. He/she oversees daily operations of plant production and keeps production at maximum capacity while working within financial controls. Ensures all required quality and regulatory standards are met. Provides oversight to plant-level functions.
Why Work Here?
- This company has seven plants. Since the company is a smaller company, it does not have a lot of layers, and employees are able to be more autonomous. Employees have more exposure to all areas of the company and with the Executive team.
- As a Plant Manager, the incumbent reports directly to the EVP of Operations and will have his full support along with the other senior leaders.
- The Leadership Team is extremely focused on continuous improvement to improve systems, processes, machinery, plants, etc.
- The company is aggressive on investment but not simply maintenance investment. When they do a full rebuild project, they buy new equipment to modernize the plant.
- The new management has high expectations of the people who work in the plant. This plant has a staff with a tremendous work ethic.
- Full benefit package includes medical insurance, prescriptions, HSA accounts, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D insurance, ST and LT Disability insurance, Health Care and Dependent Day Care Flexible Spending accounts, 401-K Plan, Vacation, Holidays, and paid relocation.
What you will be doing:
- Involved in overall plant operations which may include finance, manufacturing, engineering, materials, quality assurance/control, human resources, and information systems.
- Align objectives within each function to achieve the business strategic goals. These objectives will include safety, quality, reliability, productivity, and people development.
- Observe daily operations to ensure facility performance is aligned to and achieve business objectives in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and people development.
- Coordinate plant activities through the planning with departmental managers to ensure the manufacturing objectives are accomplished and instill a culture of accountability to perform against these objectives.
- Provide leadership for employee relations through effective communications, coaching, training, and development to accomplish the company goals and objectives.
- Develop a culture of high trust, clear metrics, leading indicators, ownership, and accountability.
- Optimize plant performance through the appropriate use of manpower, equipment, and resources.
- Set, measure, and maintain the highest standards for process standards, plant housekeeping, and safety.
What you will need
- BS Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or related concentration combined with a strong all-around business background.
- At least 5 plus years 24X7 manufacturing experience including at least 2 years of Operations Management.
- Demonstrated experience holding people accountable after coaching does not work out.
- Strong management skills are important. Must be a “people person” type of manager to fit in this culture.
- Hands-on type of person who likes to walk the floor and get to know the employees.