An employee-owned company with more than $4 billion in sales, Scoular employs more than 1,000 people in over 100 offices and facilities in North and South America, and Asia. For 125 years, feed and food customers have been counting on Scoular people to create safe and reliable supply chain solutions for end-users and suppliers of grain, feed ingredients, and food ingredients around the globe.
The Plant Manager’s primary responsibility is the operation of the processing facility and receiving stations. This job requires hands on management of the facility and its equipment. Responsible for personnel management, to include: managing all aspects of scheduling, training, performance management & talent development, and maximizing the success of the team. The Plant Manager is responsible for compliance with food and facility safety requirements, inventory management and control, quality assurance, maintenance, budgeting, and forecasting.
- Operate the facility and its equipment, manage staff leading by example and maintaining positive morale, manage and minimize operating expenses, receive and ship product quickly and efficiently, establish guidelines and monitor cleaning equipment to optimize performance.
- Comply with all Scoular policies and procedures and with reporting requirements of all regulatory agencies. Supervise all safety and loss control measures for the facility with an emphasis on increasing operational safety. Maintain all licenses associated with the operations of the facility.
- Maintain the highest standards of facility safety and sanitation for employees, suppliers, customers, vendors and business partners who interact with the facility and the company. Maintain facility and equipment in good repair.
- Build and maintain an environment of employee teamwork structured toward process improvement and process efficiency. Develop employee talent through skill development and leadership training.
- Develop and fulfill annual production and operating expense budget focused on providing Scoular with improving financial performance.
- Provide strategic plans to Scoular leadership to maintain facility in industry-competitive performance capability through preventive maintenance programs and capital improvement strategies.
- Five year’s experience managing or operating a food processing facility, grain elevator, cleaning plant, mill or ag commodity processing facility.
- Five year’s experience in personnel leadership and management.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Detailed and process oriented.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities and meet scheduled deadlines.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Strong customer service orientation and community relations experience.
- Four year college degree
- Food grade grain or seed experience.
- Grain grading experience